Chapter 16

Yuta

The young guard sat in a chair, with his hands tied behind his back and duct tape covering his mouth. The guard was built, his head shaved and had a goatee. He was currently unconscious with his head down.

Traitor.

Footsteps behind me get louder and louder until I see a figure standing in front of me wearing an all-black suit.

Li Wei.

He rips off the duct tape, which awakens the young guard.

"Lā shǐ." (Shit) The guard groans.

"Did that hurt?" Father questions.

Knowing that this is going to be a long interrogation, I grab a chair and sit in front of the scared, young guard and pull out a pack of cigarettes.

"Xiānshēng, nǐ zài zuò shénme?" (What are you doing, sir?)

Father roars, "What am I doing!? More like, what the fuck are you doing!?"

The guard looks behind him. "Xiānshēng, wǒ wèishéme bèi bǎng qǐlái?" (Sir, why am I tied up?)

Father doesn't respond, he instead lights a cigarette, places it in his mouth and takes a drag from it. "Listen, Hao. I don't particularly want to hurt you because I promised your father when he died that I'd take you in, but if you don't answer honestly, well then we're going to have a problem."

He cries. "What? I don't understand, sir!"

"It seems you have told the new whore about my history which is completely against the rules. You've pissed off the wrong people, Hao, which is why you're in this current situation."

I get up from my chair and walk towards a black bag that is off to the corner of the room. I pick it up and bring it over to father.

"What!?"

"Are you denying that it wasn't you who told the whore about my rise to power?" Father seethes.

"It wasn't me who told her, I swear! You've got the wrong guy!"

Li Wei begins to laugh.

"Wǒ shénme yě méiyǒu zuò, sir!" (I have done nothing.)

He points right into the young guard's face. "You might think you've done nothing wrong, but you have. And you yourself know you have."

He shakes his head. "Méiyǒu! (No!) I'm just a guy living a regular life. I'm just a guard for Christ sakes!"

Father walks towards the black bag and opens it. The guard stutters. "What are you doing?"

Father doesn't respond.

"Sir!"

"Do you see this bag?"

"Yes."

"I call this bag, my little bag of tricks."

"Nǐ huì zěnyàng zuò?" (What are you going to do?)

Father pulls out a timer and sets it for ten minutes. "I'm going to set this timer for ten minutes, Hao, and if I don't get the information that I need when the timer hits zero, you will die."