19

Alexia POV

"Good morning!" I greeted a customer as they walked up to the register.

I have been helping my mom with the restaurant for the last few days.

I figured she needed a little break since she's been working so hard so I told her to take a few days.

"Good morning!" She smiled, "Do you mind if I ask you a question?"

"Sure." I smiled back at her.

"Are you Suzette's daughter?" She asked, using my mom's first name.

"I am." I nodded.

"I thought so! You are just as beautiful as she says!" She said.

"Oh, thank you!" I chuckled. "That's very sweet."

"You're welcome honey! Your mom talks about you all the time." She said.

"Yeah?" I asked, "Do you come here often?"

She nodded, "I try to come every Sunday. It's the only day your mom has her famous Chile Relleno burritos on the menu." She said.

I laughed, "Ahh. I see. I understand that completely. That's my favorite burrito she makes." I said.

We chatted for a while then I took her order and she went on her way.

"Hi Alexia! I'm sorry I'm late!" One of my mom's employees said as she walked in.

"Hi Michelle!" I smiled. "And no worries!"

"Thank you for covering for me!" She said.

"No problem! How was Katie's 1 year appointment?" I asked her.

"Oh, it was good! She's healthy as horse! She had to get a couple shots, so she didn't have a very fun time but it went well!" She told me.

I laughed, "Aw, well I hope she got a lollipop for being brave!" I said.

She chuckled, "She definitely did. Her daddy got her an ice cream cone too because he felt so bad for her." She said.

I smiled, "Well that's good! I'm glad to hear she's healthy!" I said.

"Thank you. Well, I think I got it from here." She sighed as she moved behind the counter.

"I can stay if you need me to." I said to her.

She shook her head, "No, love. You've been working all week. Take the rest of the day off."

I sighed but nodded, "Okay. Call me if you need anything though."

She laughed, waving me off.

I made my way to the kitchen to say goodbye to our cooks before getting my things and heading out to my car.

It has officially been about a week and a half since I've been home in my own house.

Tiff, Ari, and I haven't been able to find time to talk.

I want to talk to both of them at the same time, but they aren't speaking to each other right now and aren't willing to put it aside to hash everything out with me.

It's frustrating at this point.

Christmas was yesterday, and it felt weird we didn't celebrate together.

We always have.

It honestly made me sad that we didn't.

When I got inside my car, I sighed.

I need to go get more clothes since I'm staying with my Mom longer.

Tommy told me that he'd try to keep Tiff out of the house until I got my clothes.