21

Alexia POV

"–Okay, watch your step." Justin said as he guided me into my house.

I heard voices as I walked in, but they silenced almost immediately.

Justin told me our friends were waiting for me.

They had stayed at my house all night.

Joey, Gabe, and Uchenna even skipped practice today, even though I told Justin I didn't want him or any of them to.

I walked into the living room, where I knew they were waiting, nervously.

They all turned to look at me but no one said anything.

I stood awkwardly but felt Justin's hand on my back, nudging me to walk forward.

I slowly did, walking closer to them.

Joey stood up from his seat and walked around the couch, stopping in front of me.

His eyes flickered across the injuries on my face and the sad look on his face seemed to have turned to anger.

His breathing got heavy, his face red.

"Hey." I whispered to him softly, "It's okay. I'm okay."

"How can you be okay? Look what he did to you." He said calmly, trying to suppress his anger.

I sighed then looked at everyone else behind him, "I'm okay." I repeated.

He shook his head but pulled me into his chest, hugging me.

I winced when he hugged me tightly, pressing against one of my stitched up wounds.

He immediately let go, "Shit I'm sorry." He said, noticing my sudden stiffness.

I shook my head, "It's okay. Don't worry about it." I said, but that seemed to make him angrier.

I heard footsteps walking down the stairs and turned my head towards them.

Tiff stood at the bottom step looking at me, sadness written all over her face.

Before either of us could say anything, Joey stepped in between us, "Come on, you should sit down." He said.

I nodded my head in response and let him lead me to the couch.

I took the empty seat beside Gabe and looked at him, he looked like he was about to cry.

I leaned over and rested my head on his shoulder without a word.

He let out a shaky breath as he wrapped an arm around me gently.

Brandi and Uchenna got up from their seats.

Brandi kneeled in front of me and 'Chenna sat on the other side of me, hugging me just as Gabe was.

Brandi held my hands, crying into my lap.

I took a breath, trying to stay strong.

I moved my head and rested it on Uchenna's shoulder, as a way to hug him back.

I pulled one of my hands from Brandi and wiped her tears from her face, "Don't cry Brandi. I'm okay. I promise." I said to her.

"I'm sorry Lexi, but I can't believe that. Not while I'm looking at what he did to you." She cried, lifting my stitched up arm then touching my face.

I sighed softly then turned to look at Uchenna.

He shook his head slightly, "We heard everything, and we couldn't help you..." He said quietly.

I could feel tears welling up in my eyes as he spoke but looked down to blink them away.

I don't know what to say.