1

Wildberry Cookie stood at the entrance to the hall of Hollyberry's meeting room, watching carefully for any suspicious activity, freezing at the sight of some gold trailing past a corner. Looking around he decided to approach the corner, peeking over to see the back of a cookie. Deciding to approach the lost cookie he walked over with quiet steps.
"What business do you have here in Hollyberry's castle." Wildberry spoke out in a monotone voice causing the other cookie to jump and let out a squeak before whipping around, eyes wide and mouth agape in shock.
"Oh, it's only, ummm, the guard of Hollyberry herself I assume." He said, smoothening down his hair and outfit as he regained composure.
"State your business for being here." Wildberry spoke slowly, his reddish-pink eyes coldly staring at the other cookie.
"Ah, yes, I must apologize for not introducing myself sooner," the golden haired cookie responded, a calm smile appearing on his face. "I am Clotted Cream Cookie, you must've heard word of me. I am the youngest member of the Council of Nine Elders, despite not being, how do I say this, older than most cookies. And this is my first meeting here at the Hollyberry castle and sadly I'm afraid I'll probably blow any first impressions with Hollyberry herself for being late." He sucked in a breath, his smile wavering only slightly as he adjusted his collar, eyes averting from Wildberry's gaze as he looked to the ground.
"I can show you to the meeting room, I'm sure you're not late yet." Wildberry responded casually.
"That would be helpful, thank you." Clotted Cream said, following the Hollyberian towards the light rose colored doors with pink trimming the same color as Hollyberry's hair. Pushing the doors open Clotted Cream stepped inside, his shoes clicking against the pristine tiled floor bringing the attention of the cookies sitting at a table over to him. "I do hope I'm not too late." Clotted Cream said, stepping up to the table and laying a hand on the pink velvet table cloth adorned with white stitching.
"Not at all friend!" Hollyberry spoke out joyously, clapping Clotted Cream on the back so hard he nearly fell over.
He let out a small laugh as he straightened himself and sat at the only empty seat.
"I suppose you all know that this meeting is about Dar-" That was all Wildberry could hear before the doors shut close with a small thud. He let out a sigh as he stationed himself back in front of the doors, occasionally looking around. He didn't know how long the meeting would be, nor did he care. He was willing to stand there for days on end if it meant he was doing service for Hollyberry. Don't get the wrong idea here, he didn't like her in a romantic way, he was just loyal to her and her kingdom. Of course he'd be loyal to her, without her he would still be on the streets, searching for food, cold and alone.
He ran a hand through his hair, trying to get the memories of those times out of his head.
Hours passed before the sound of the door opening caught Wildberry's attention. He watched as the Ancients and Council Members all walked out, chatting and saying goodbyes to each other as they walked towards one of the many hallways in this castle.
"Ah, you there, Hollyberry's guard!" Wildberry turned to who was calling for him to see Clotted Cream rushing towards him. "I'd like to take you out to one of the finest cafes I know as a way to thank you for helping me not be late to the meeting." Clotted Cream bowed slightly at the Hollyberian.
"Ah, well the thing is-"
"Oh! I can't believe I forgot completely about this, but I never got your name!"
"It's Wildberry, sir, but I'm not sure I can go with you to this cafe because I'm busy guarding Hollyberry." Wildberry responded.
"Oh, what a shame." Clotted Cream said, a small frown forming on his face.
"C'mon, you should go, you need a break!" Wildberry froze up feeling a strong hand on his shoulder. Turning his head back slightly he locked eyes with Hollyberry.
"But, what about my duty-" He was cut off by Hollyberry's joyous laughter.
"You don't need to worry about that, I can handle myself, besides I'll be with the other Ancients!" She replied, a smile beaming on her face as she looked over to Clotted Cream. "Make sure he actually has some fun, this guy can be so serious sometimes!" She said, ruffling his hair as he blinked in shock and confusion.
"Ah, how wonderful!" Clotted Cream smiled, clasping his hands together. "I'm glad I do get a chance to repay your kindness, I'll come by tomorrow at 12:00." He said, turning to walk after all of the other Council Members.
"Sounds good, see you tomorrow!" Hollyberry called after him, waving goodbye.
Wildberry just stood there, for once his face showed some sort of expression, his mouth open slightly from disbelief on what had just happened.