Part 6

Z- 0500. The groups were preparing to leave, Reiji briefing the other officers one last time. Pearl had been assigned to the main group, and currently Garrett and Vlad were waiting for the others, the Saurian putting the saddle he had made for Fooch onto the scowling German.

C- Marley joined the group at 0500 on the dot, most of his enthusiasm for this mission had diminished once hearing about the team he had been working with, both aerosaurs working with him had eaten him in the past, and on top of that, the self-entitled chaotic rabbit and smelly zombie with them. He was at least grateful he wouldn't be the one carrying Vlad, seeing Garrett already had it covered.

Bryan had dropped off Pippin early that morning, double and triple checking the young plane was going to be okay before leaving him for daycare and joined the rest of the group, setting himself up in the side of the saddle as he had before. He seemed to be in a much better mood than the Hurricane, energetic from the early hours of the morning, and eager to get going. 

Z- Garrett doesn't do much aside from nodding at Marley, not planning on making it known about their previous encounter, seeming intent to act as if they hadn't met before.

After giving the order for the other groups to prepare to head off, Reiji rejoins the group in his normal form, most of the squads taking off and starting off already. Verifying that everyone is ready to go, Reiji turns his snout to the wind, and takes off, leaping into the air after a short gallop, Garrett following behind him and taking up his right side.

C- Marley's eyes narrowed once Reiji appeared, a bit of residual nauseous fear remaining, though it wasn't the time for confrontation. He took off into the air, taking to Garrett's side, being the lesser of the evils and wanting to be as far away from Reiji as possible.

Bryan was partly amused to see that Marley would be joining their group, entertained by their reactions.

Z- Reiji obviously notices Marley's reaction, likely picking up on that small amount of fear, but aside from meeting Marley's gaze with look of relative boredom, obviously not considering the Hurricane a threat. He then redirect to leading the group, Garrett taking up his other wing when Marley moved to his side, likely to maintain a proper v formation. Vlad grips on tightly, likely not a huge fan of flying, despite his somewhat birdlike appearance.

C- Bryan glanced back between Marley and Reiji, noticing the Hurricane's growing scowl at Reiji's look of boredom, seeming to have hit several nerves from his mere presence. "Welllll, this is gonna be awkward," Bryan chuckled. Marley heard that over the wind and offered the rabbit a scowl, continuing to fly ahead.

Z- Reiji ignores the quip, focusing on the path ahead, moving towards the front of the unit, in order to lead the group north. It was a risky path, going through the same island chain, but he had a plan in place, but it required that he take the lead on this. The small, wild jungled Islands wouldn't be able to sustain the entire unit either, so a straight path would be the best course regardless.

C- Bryan looked over the familiar islands as they passed through nervously. "Uhh, Rej, didn't you warn us not to go anywhere near here? Ya've got a zombie lookalike around here and I don't think he'd be happy to see us,"

Marley glanced back at the rabbit with a scoff. "Didn't you say you killed it though?""Well yeah, but he's a zombie so ya never know." The rabbit shrugged, watching over the islands as they traveled.

Z- "Yes, I'm aware. I've been there before. I made an agreement with someone on the island. For passage. I told you not to go through there because you don't know him." Reiji doesn't elaborate further. Either he assumes that should be enough, or doesn't care to enlightening the others.