Part 15

Z - Something ruffles the trees, before a large, black mass of fur leaps into the path, glowing yellow eyes set in a black furred head staring back at the two aerosaurs. The creature was massive, about the size of one of them, or a tank... though it simply looked like a massive wolf. The glowing eyes would be eerily reminiscent of Richthofen's, though this was obviously a different individual.

"We're at insults already, hmm? I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not Richthofen... and you're already on the radar, friends." The wolflike monster speaks perfect English, though there was a Canadian accent to it. The fact he knew Marley's rival was a bad sign at any rate, hinting that Fritz was being honest.

C - "Bloody fantastic. I blame your pet, Bek,"

Bek blinked in shock, but chose against a rebuttal, setting her steady glare on the newcomer. "I'm assuming if you meant the humans' radar, we wouldn't exactly be friends,"

Z - "No, we wouldn't, would we. Why are you here, then. Would have expected a larger force, in a raid. Or bigger problems on the mainland." The wolf's lips move when he speaks, but aside from his sheer size, he doesn't seem to be attempting to be threatening, scratching himself like a dog.

C - Bek was thinking fast, before speaking smoothly. "You're right. I was dropped with Hood's fleet and recently learned of where the machines authorities now lie, and... I have to say I'm reluctant to join with Bismarck after what he had done."

Marley said nothing, catching on with what Bek said, though he didn't seem happy about the sneakish way of doing things. 

Z - "So... you were dropped too... and decided to join with the humans, then?" he asks, curiously, stopping and cocking his head.

C - "I'm not naive. I have been here long enough to learn that humans think of our kind as savage animals, though... I've only heard the machines side of things, and it could be an exaggerated bias between two sides of a war," Bek responded. Marley seemed to grow more uncomfortable by the moment, hating each bit of this. Bek merely continued.

"I'm willing to hear them out and send a warning. My friend isn't as convinced, but was at least willing to come to make sure I wasn't alone,"

Z- The creature pauses, seeming shocked about it. ... Well, your kind can take a smaller form, yeah? Do that, I'll do the same after you. Show you can be trusted, and I'll take you to command"

C- Bek opened her mouth to speak, hesitant about the action, and... currently holding Fritz, shifting to her smaller form wouldn't be the best idea. Releasing him would also be a big red flag, and she couldn't count on him acting along with them. Marley shifted to his smaller form before she could speak.

"Bek's a dumbass who already ate on our way here, so I doubt she can take her smaller form comfortably for another good few hours, unless we want to see her waddle around with a bloated stomach, which could be entertaining."

Bek blinked indignantly and sent a glare at Marley, though maybe his lie could spare her of blowing her cover with Fritz if the creature bought this.

Z - The Wolflike beast narrows his eyes, seeming suspicious. "Alright then. You can go and do whatever it is you do until then, and come back. But I can't just allow you to wander a base like that." He doesn't seem to outright think the pair is lying... but the fact of the matter was that it was a massive risk regardless, and being so against switching forms was a big red flag anyway. Seems these strange shifters have similar rules to ships... they don't seem put at ease in a smaller form while a possible enemy has the 'edge' in respect to size.