Part 8

Z- Garrett would head directly over the city, looking down at the scrap going on in the streets, between attacking aerosaurs, and some local tanks and tankettes that joined in the fray, assisting by attacking humans on the ground. The buildings were mostly already on fire, aside from one, which Taizo and Sergei were discussing something on, overseeing the battle that was about won.

C- "There better be," Marley lingered behind as they took off, grumbling to himself with pouty annoyance before sitting down to rest as he recovered.  

Bryan held on tight as they took off, watching over at the raging battle below, fortunately seeming to be finishing up at this point in the machines' favor.

Z- Once the others go, Marley would hear footsteps behind him, belonging to something large, before a massive white Tiger sits down next to him, remaining otherwise silent, watching the rest of the group leave.

Garrett sets down on the building, letting off the rabbit and battleship, before taking a seat, motioning for Bryan to go and make the report; Taizo and Sergei watching them a moment. In the background, Pearl lined up for a run; essentially napalming an entire street, a terrifying reminder of the sheer amount of damage heavy bombers could do, wiping out anything on the street.

C- Marley glanced behind him from the sound in alarm, before he recognized the figure, letting down his guard just slightly. "I suppose you were right about Reiji, then. Don't suppose you'll be bringing him back?"

Bryan hopped off of Garrett's back and approached Sergei, briefly stopping to glance over at all of the chaos unfolding, and Pearl unleashing fire on below, almost looking like Smaug. He shook of the wonder for a moment, trying to focus, and went ahead to the ones in charge with a defeated sigh. "The base is cleared out, but we lost Reiji. And Richthofen must have gotten away if he wasn't out here."

Z- "No. His deal was with another, and he completed his contract." Weiss says this plainly, bluntly, as if it was some sort of business engagement. "I see you've chosen a bit of caution... is it genuine, or are you simply hoping Richthofen will finish you off?"

"Yes, Reiji said that he might not make it out... thought it was that old Naval superstitious shit Zeroes have... but I suppose there was truth to it. Fuchida won't be pleased." Taizo doesn't seem too concerned, likely due to that old rivalry. "No matter. Soon Tokyo will be cleared, and we can move the rest of our forces here, off Iwo."

C- Marley looked defensive, narrowing his eyes at the tank. "I would rather not fucking die again, that's all. Richthofen's wounds were the only reason I lost to Reiji in the first place." He sighed, seeming to grow more curious. "So you knew this would happen, and there was some contract for him to die here? What sort of person- or thing makes these deals?"

Bryan winced at the thought, feeling awful that Fooch had lost another person so soon after loosing his brother. This would be hard to tell him... "Marley knew this would happen too, something with War telling him about this... It can't be coincidence that Reiji knew too, and I doubt Marley would have told him." His face expressed deep thoughtful as he tried to deduct some meaning from this. Once again, it felt like something bigger might be at play here with the powerful beings like Weiss and Death.

Z- "I wasn't the one who made the deal. Apparently it has to do with his time on Shi no shima... Reiji had been assigned to Yoshiro's great great grandfather, and considered himself responsible. Apparently the deal with Death was to free him from the island until he could rectify his mistake. Again, deal was not with me, so details are fuzzy. Keeping track of everyone in the multiverse is easier said than done."