The Lost One Chapter 8

Charlee's POV

I groggily opened my eyes and sat up. My back was sore from to position I had slept in but I looked around and saw that Zayn was sleeping, I heard water running and figured Ryan or Liam were in the shower. I slid out of my bed and decided to go and walk around the deck. I walked over and stood by the rail, looking at the beautiful view from the ocean. I had woken up right before the sun rose so now I was able to watch it. I heard faint footsteps behind me and felt someone grab my waist. From the tingles sent up my spine and the wonderful smell, I could tell that it was Ryan behind me. I leaned back against his chest as he held me. We watched the sunrise together.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" I spoke, being the first to break the comfortable silence between us.

"Yeah... It is, just like you." He whispered, leaning down to whisper the last part in my hear. I blushed and looked down at my feet. He spun me around to face him and I found myself looking at both of our feet. 

He used his large hand to tilt my chin up so that we were looking each other in the eye, his head tilted down and mine up. 

"You look so pretty when you blush." He mumbled before leaning down to kiss me. I kissed him back and a few seconds later, we pulled away. "Now would you like something to eat? Don't deny it because I can hear your stomach."  I nodded and he led me to the kitchen were people were busy cooking.

"Prince Ryan would you like something to eat?" Someone stopped to ask.

"Yes please, some eggs are fine. Char what do you want?" He asked me, looking down as I thought about what I wanted to eat. 

"I'll take some eggs with some toast please?" I told the chef. He nodded to us and went straight to work. There was a high table in the dining room next to the kitchen. We sat on the stools and waited in a comfortable silence while our food cooked. Ryan grabbed my hand and we sat. I thought about who my true mate could be. 

I'm most comfortable around Ryan. He's so much like me and I've only known him for a couple of days and I already love him. But I don't love him in a romantic way. Right now I love him, but as an extremely close best guy friend that I can tell everything too and he'll always be there. I remember when I first moved here, Liam and Zayn were the two who ran onto the beach and found an alligator. Ryan sat with Taylor, Kailee, and I, listening to our conversation. I can see that he understands me but I'm not really sure whether or not he's the right one.

Liam is just amazing. He's so sweet and caring but he is very protective. He's the one I imagine who would just take you into his arms after a hard day and you would just sit and cuddle while having a Disney movie marathon. He's the type of guy that just listens to you when you need to let everything out and will give his input when needed. He'd be the type of person that's just always there. Through the ups and downs he would fight anything to keep you safe. 

Zayn is the mate that everyone dreams of. With you until you die, visiting you and keeping you company when you're sick, being the type of guy to take you shopping on a no budget shopping spree. He's the type of guy that would do anything with you, play soccer, go sky diving, run through the pouring rain, keep you with him at all times. He's passionate and I can tell he knows where to draw the line when it comes to talking and fighting. He'd comfort you when you need it, and give you your space. He wou-

"Char! Char snap out of it! Your food is here!" Ryan repeated, snapping fingers in front of my face to get me out of my thoughts. 

"Oops! Sorry Ryan I was lost in a sea of thoughts." I responded. He chuckled at me and dug into his eggs. I scooped some of my eggs onto a piece of toast and took a bite. I ate my breakfast like that and it was gone within minutes. I finished it off with a glass of orange juice. Ryan quickly finished his eggs as well and finished it off with a glass of apple juice.