The Lost One Chapter 1

8 Years Later

Charlee's POV

I heard the annoying beep of my alarm clock and went to smack the living daylights out of it but instead I remembered it was my birthday. Today I would be meeting the King, Princes and Princesses for a ball for their birthday. They had their birthday yesterday but the King was away so they were celebrating it today. All of the Alpha's and their family were invited. My parents were going, as well as Louis and Mel and her husband. One of the pack members were watching her kids. She has two daughters and a son.   The son was 5 and her two daughters were 7 and 3, Alaina, Anthony, and Alexis. 

"CHARLEE! GET OUT OF BED SO YOU AREN"T LATE FOR SCHOOL!" I heard my dad yell. I groaned and rolled over, sending me over the side of my bed and landing with an "oof". I slowly stood up and walked to my closet. I started to look for something that I could wear to school when there was a knock on my door. I walked to the door, leaving my closet open, and opened my door. I rubbed my eyes and still couldn't see. I groaned and walked over to grab my glasses. I put them on and walked back to my door. My mom had a bag in her hand.

"This is one of your birthday presents from your father and I." She stated as she looked into my room. "Fall out of bed again?" She asked, obviously amused because she knew she was right. I mumbled something unintelligent and closed the door as she walked away laughing. I looked into the bag and saw some clothes. I dumped the contents of the bag onto my bed. There was a light purple sundress with some strappy sandals. I decided that I could do that and curl my naturally straight brown hair. I picked the dress up with some undergarments and walked into the bathroom. I set them on the counter and turned the shower on. I quickly stripped and let the warm water wake me up for the morning. 

After my shower, I quickly put on my dress and dried my hair. Once I finished that I turned the curling iron on and waited for it to heat up. While it was doing that I applied a light amount of eye shadow, mascara, and a clear lipgloss. I curled my hair and walked into my room. I slid the sandals on and walked downstairs with my bag slung over my shoulder. 

"Happy birthday Lee." My mom said as I grabbed my plate of food from her. I had a stack of pancakes with strawberries and whipped cream.

"Thanks mom, breakfast looks delicious." I said before I shoved my food in my face, not literally. When I finished my pancakes I downed a glass of milk. A car horn honked and I realized that it was Sabrina, one of my two friends from school. I gave my mom and dad a quick kiss on the check and ran out the door with my phone and ipod in my bag. 

"Happy Birthday Char!" She almost screamed at me as I got into her old car. My mom wasn't letting my take my car to school so I have to ride with a friend. So I can't bring my car to school but my brother, who is a year younger than me, can drive his car to school? Now how in the world is that fair?

"Thanks Sab lets get to school because I need to talk to Mr. Hills about the writing assignment." I told her. She nodded, not having a clue what I was talking about because she wasn't in my English class. We parked the car and I grabbed my bag and stepped out of the car. Suddenly I was tackled into a hug. 

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHAR!" My two other friends screamed into my ears.

"Thanks Abby! Thanks Al!" I told them as I hugged them back. I had a huge grin on my face. It was my 18th birthday and I was to be the Alpha of our pack unless I passed it to my brother. My sister didn't take it because she was running a different pack with her mate in Europe. I was going to take care of this pack. I saw my brother, out of the corner of my eye, making his way over to me.

"Happy B-day sis." He said as he gave me a hug. I hugged him back. He let go of me and patted my head. Did I mention that I was only 5'1"? Well I am and it stinks because everyone else is taller than me.   I stuck my tongue out at him and he chuckled.