The Lost One Chapter 5

Charlee's POV

Ryan kissed me right before we left but I couldn't help myself as I kissed him back. The sparks that were flying between us were unbelievably addicting. We just kissed, normal kiss. I pulled away, in need of air, and looked at Ryan's face. He was looking into my eyes for any sign of regret. Once he was satisfied, we walked out of the gym and I followed Ryan to wherever we were going to. We reached the floor where our rooms were and I figured out that we came up here to clean up before lunch. I turned into my room and walked through one of the doors.

I ended up walking into a shelf. After cursing a little bit I walked out of the closet and through the second door, which was indeed the bathroom. I stripped and got in the shower. After being in there for about twenty minutes I decided to get out so that we could figure out this mate business. I hummed to one of my favorite songs, Tell Me I'm a Wreck, and danced around the bathroom. 

NEVER, I repeat NEVER dance after you get a shower. I slipped on a puddle of water that was collecting at the base of my feet. My face went into the toilet bowl, that was disgusting. Thankfully my towel stayed around my body through the fall because I guess Ryan heard it and he came running into the bathroom just as my head went into the toilet water. I pulled my head out of it and Ryan started to laugh. I glared at him, around my mop of hair mind you, and he just laughed harder. 

"How did your head fit through the toilet!?" He managed to get out between gasps of amusement. I glared even more, most I think that people should die when glared at too much. He didn't die, not to my surprise, and i stood up from the wet bathroom floor. 

"Don't ask anything, don't say anything." I told him as I stormed into my, well for now, room. I sat down on my bed. There was no way I was going to get changed with him right there.

Ryan walked out of the room after he finished laughing at me so I decided to get dressed. I pulled out some denim shorts out of the bag along with a tank top. After I put that on I walked out of my room and saw that Ryan was waiting by the door, probably to take me to his dad’s office so we could talk about this whole mate situation. We reached a big door, I recognized it when I was with my mom and dad the other day, and Ryan knocked. His dad called back saying,

“Come in, your brothers are already here.”  Ryan opened the door and held it for me. I slid in and saw that there was only one seat left. There were two of us. Liam still looked mad at me, I don’t know why though. Zayn smiled at me and Ryan sat down in the open seat and patted his lap. I walked over and sat down on his lap. He pulled me back against him and kept his arms around my waist, not that I minded. Liam was the first one to speak.

“Did you find anything about the three of us all being mates with the same person?” He asked. I watched King Gage with interest; I wanted to find out too.

“I went through some books but I couldn’t find anything so I rang your Uncle Jack. He talked to your Aunt and she had a reasonable answer. She told him, who told me, that it was because you are brothers and that you are in the Royal Family, but you don’t have the Royal bloodline. I think that it is because of the Witches. When I was your age, before the war started, we went to a school for the three main supernaturals: vampires, werewolves, and witches. Your mother was a roommate with the daughter of the most powerful witch. The current Queen was raped by that girl’s father. Do you remember Cassie, the vampire Queen?”

“Yeah I remember, she was the one who was pregnant whenever we saw her.” Zayn answered, in which his father gave him a pointed look.

“Yes, beside the point, she had a twin sister, Teyana, who saved my life. Her mate was the Alpha of my neighboring pack. He was the first one to kidnap your mother. The alpha lunged at me but she came out of nowhere and saved me from my death. She died, at the hands of her mate. Teyana and Cassie’s biological father was killed a year after they were born. I think that his wife got mad and placed a curse on Mallory, about her children. That is why I think that you all have the same possible mate. She is actually only one of your mates.” King Gage finished his explanation. It made sense to me. I like his answer better than the other one.