Chapter 5

The next few days were awkward for the both of us. I was a mess whenever we were alone together, having realised my feelings for the boy in front of me.
What I didn't get, why Jungkook was giving me the cold shoulder all day today.

When I woke up, I turned to greet him like everyday just to see his bed made and wheelchair gone.

Shrugging, I got up to get ready for the day.

Then, at breakfast, I saw him sitting alone at a table, eating fast.

'What was he doing here? We always eat together in the room....'

Making my way over to him, I sat down and called his name.

"Jungkook?"

"Hmm"

"Where were you yesterday? I didn't see you all day"

"Therapy went on for longer"

"Oh"

"Well we still ha-"

"I need to go, I'll see you later"

Picking his food tray up, he went over to the trash bins, dumping his plate there, before gloomily making his way out, not sparing a glance towards my confused expression.

"Oh, ok"

....

Exiting the room, I made my way down the halls, my therapy done for the day.

A rattling sound came, as if someone was pushing a piece of metal out of anger.

Snapping my head up, I followed the sound until I saw it.

Around the corner came Jungkook pushing his wheels desperately trying to go faster, as if he was running away from something. I came in front of him, and stood in his way putting my palm out vertically with the intention to stop him, not caring if he would bump into me to not. Seeing a pair of feet, his vision snapped up, immediately halting as he eyed me with a bitter expression.

And then I saw it.

Shards of hurt, guilt, sadness and hopelessness. His always unreadable gaze now held a vulnerable look, one that broke my heart. He looked as if he could sob for hours, judging by the way his teeth harshly bit onto his lip, with what looked like an attempt to not burst out crying.

Locking eyes with him, my outstretched hand then faced sideways, as an invitation for him to take it. His trembling hand came up, hesitantly griping my firm, yet soft one. 
*Scene:-*

Pulling him through the corridors, I brought him at the resting rooms and locked the doors.

As soon as I turned around, a sob, one of immense pain escaped his shaking lips.

Making my way towards him, I kneeled down before him, ducking my head to catch his broken expression.

Gripping his shoulders lightly, I rubbed them up and damn, urging him to tell me what was going on.

"M-my dad i-is dem-manding me t-to c-come back to t-the states w-with h-him"

I froze. The colour drained from my skin as I took in his words.

"T-the states?"

Unknowingly, a tear escaped my eyes.

Looking up, he stared at me with those vulnerable, broken and hurt bloodshot eyes, and wet cheeks, hiccuping every few seconds.

Bringing him for a hug, I consoled him half heartedly, saying it was all going to be ok, and that we would get through this together.

But we both knew that the comforting words that escaped my mouth had no guarantee whatsoever.