Chapter 8(final)

JEON JUNGKOOK POV

Today was the day.

I was going to surprise Sera. I hadn't told her yet, but my legs condition was getting better. I was now able to walk properly, without any support. Everyday after my therapy, I exited the room with my wheelchair, so as to surprise her when I was fully healed. She was particularly looking forward to seeing me walk to her, smiling at the end of the day, she confessed one day in the middle of our late night terrace meetings.

I couldn't wait to see her reaction, I would do anything to see that smile again.
The one that brightened up the whole room.
The one that would make my stomach do flips whenever it made an appearance.

After taking one last look at my outfit in the mirror, nodding at myself, I exited the room carrying with me a bouquet of flowers, white, the ones she liked. I was planning on making a grand, dramatic entrance, bowing down and kissing her hand.

Smiling to myself as I walked through the hallways, already imagining her reaction, I took one sniff of the beautiful flowers and made my way to the resting room.

Taking a deep breath, I nudged the door open and peeked inside, a smile lighting up my face.

However the smile was soon replaced by a frown, seeing as her bed was empty, the bed sheets made,

Scene:-

And a single piece of paper laying on it. On the bedside table sat an empty vase filled with water halfway. Putting the flowers aside, I made my way over to the bed, picking up the piece of paper.

Jungkook-ah,
I don't even know why I'm writing this. I guess I'm just too much of a coward to face you with this. I don't even know how I'm going to give this to you. 6 months ago, I lost everything. I lost any opportunity of hope or happiness or love. The three things that life unfairly gave and snatched away from me. And then you came along. The first day when I saw you, call it idiotic, I just knew that there was something different about you. You looked breathtaking that day. I nearly fainted when we made eye contact for a split second. It was like time froze for me. The next day, when you said hi, I couldn't speak properly. I couldn't believe that someone as beautiful as you, was talking to someone as pathetic as me. And then we got to know each other, and I just fell into this hole that I couldn't climb out of. You gave me so much. You taught me to love myself. You accepted me for all my flaws. Even tho I was probably the most boring person on the planet, you befriended me. You pulled me out of my hole. I will forever be grateful for that. You're probably confused as to why I'm writing all this. Why on paper and why now, right? Jungkook-ah you do unimaginable things to my heart. My heart flutters and butterflies come in my stomach whenever we hugged, whoever you flashed that bunny smile of yours and whenever you kissed my cheek. This sounds so cringy already. I'm smiling through my tears as I write this.

I've also......been keeping secrets from you. I didn't want to burden you with this seeing as my pathetic life didn't need to burden anyone else. I have lung tumour. And it's not curable. The everyday therapy I go to? It's chemo therapy. It was already an hopeless attempt. The doctor told me not to worry, and that he'd save me. But look where that got me, haha. He told me u have 3 months to live. Before I wanted these 3 months to finish faster so that I could go and not bear the pain for longer, but now that you came, I want it less. I, grateful that you came into my life, kookie. You are the most special person I've ever met till now, and I wish you nothing but happiness. You are and will always be my little koo.

I love you,
Sera

Tasting salt water water in my mouth, I hadn't realised I was crying. She......loves me?
All those feelings, the fluttering and shyness...she wasn't the only one feeling those. Did I....like Sera?
It all made sense now. We were both just too blind to see it before. I need to talk to her!

Rushing towards the nearest nurse, I asked her impatiently
"Sorry to disturb you, but do you know where the patient who stayed here went?" I said pointing to her bed.

"Oh, Sera? Poor girl, she passed away last night. She was such a good soul" The nurse recollected bitterly as my heart stopped beating in my chest.

The end

NOTE:-
I apologise for the delay in posting this chapter.
Props to my friend who wrote this story even tho it was her first time it's an amazing one. I hope you guys enjoyed this story as much as I did☺️
Thank you for reading 'HINDSIGHT'