Chapter 6

That night, we both sat on the terrace thinking everything through, and trying to find a way out of the mess we had spiralled into.

"You could always deny him?" I asked, hopefully.

"I could, but you don't know my father. Once he wants something, he will not rest until he gets it."

"Why does he want you back though? I mean, no offence but you did say he didn't want anything to do with you"

"He still doesn't. He just needs a successor for his business"

"Why don't you prove to him that you're not worthy then?"

"....What do you mean?"

"He wants a successor right? And based on whatever you've told me about him, he probably worked hard for the company and wouldn't want anyone clumsy messing it up, would he?"

"Your evil, Sera. I like it."

Flipping my hair, I exclaimed "I know I'm delightful, don't go falling for me though."

He shot me a playful glare to which i replied with a teasing grin.

....

Biting my lips, I impatiently waited for Jungkook to come out of the room. His father arrived today to take him back and they were both conversing right now.

When the door opened, Jungkook came out with a relived, but troubled expression. Rushing towards him, I shot him a questioning gaze.

"Well?"

Taking a deep breath, he rubbed his eyes and motioned for me to sit down on the couch.

"Good news or bad news first?"

"Bad"

"Dad...is going to jail"

"WHAT?!"

"Yeah apparently his past is not the best. He did some...things...to get startup money for the company. H-he actually apologised. His intention was never to hurt me, I am his son after all. His own blood. He said he wanted the best for me, and told me to live a happy life when this is over."

"I- wow. I didn't know he had that in him."

"Neither did I." He said sighing.

"The good news. I'll be staying!"

"Oh, well I mean we both new it wasn't a promisi-
WAIT DID YOU JUST SAY YOU'LL STAY?!"

Letting out a chuckle, he wrapped his arms around me, nodding his head.

The next thing I knew, I felt a pair of lips land softly on my cheek. He let them linger there for a few seconds before slowly pulling them away, eyes finding mine to gauge my reaction.

Cheeks beet red, I lightly smiled at him before pulling him into another hug.

I couldn't believe it, I could stay with him, this time, no pressure or hesitance of him being snatched away.

Little did I know, he wasn't the one who was going to be bidding the last farewell.