𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐑𝐎𝐆𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 | 𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐈𝐈

THE POLICE lined us up for our mugshots

THE POLICE lined us up for our mugshots. After the police had some great difficulty getting the shots of the others, I went up last.

"Smile," the officer said in a bored voice.

I did smile, but sarcastically and while using an international rude gesture that involved the finger to the right of my pointer. Namely, I flipped them off.

The officer just scowled at me and took the shot anyways.

Next, we went into the interrogation rooms, separately of course. A female interrogator walked in the dark room and slapped her hands on the table. Trying to say she meant business.

"I have one question, that I would kindly ask you to answer, what happened? Who were those people?" she asked in a tone that immediately made me peg her as the bad cop.

"People?" I scoffed. "Those otherworldly beings are obviously not people. Honestly, officer, I heard interrogators are to have sharp minds. You seem a bit dull."

She seemed aggravated by my behavior. Which was the point; I needed to provoke her to distract her. I should think none of us would talk but Toby's got a big mouth. Claire won't talk for sure, AAARRRGGHH will just scare them, and Nari is probably unaware of what is going on.

And Douxie...

He should be fine. He can take care of himself.

"Yes," the interrogator said. "Well your friend, the erm... short one. He gave quite the explanation."

I groaned. "Of course Toby did."

"Said you could manipulate water, and to a great extent. Also said you are a daughter of... Poseidon? The greek god? Why won't you use your ability to get out?"

I languidly leaned back in my chair, just to vex her.

"I could," I said thoughtfully and slowly. "I could also make you turn the other way and you would never remember this event. But I won't. Because quite frankly, officer, I find this supposed 'interrogation' amusing."

She narrowed her eyes. "Well aren't you an arrogant brat."

"Not usually," I murmured. "But I am very good at stalling. Should I also make one more egotistical comment, a good interrogator would have realized that I am affronting you to waste time."

"What do you mean?" she demanded.

I got up. "Good talk, officer."

The door swung open and Krel came in, donning a snappy suit, and with his robots. They held it open for me and I strode out.

"I'm Agent Tarron. I'm here to take custody of the prisoners," I heard Krel say.

"On whose authority?" the interrogator countered.

" Area 49B."

"FBI, CIA," Dadblank added.

"MIA," said Krel.