𝐖𝐀𝐊𝐄 𝐔𝐏 | 𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐈𝐗

I WAS OVERWHELMED

I WAS OVERWHELMED. Like my senses had just awoken after a very long time. I rapidly blinked to get the clouding out of my vision, immediately absorbing all my surroundings, evaluating what exactly was going on. I was laying on my side, facing my right, on the edge of a bed. In front of me was a window, with ivory old-fashioned drapes that looked like it came out of the Medieval-era. Tiny warm beams of light filtered through it.

So it's morning.

I stayed carefully still as I kept observing my environment. I was in some kind of bedchamber, and something warm was draped over my waist.

My glance flitted down to my midsection, where someone's left arm circled protectively around it. An arm with a hand that had a scar running across the thumb.

I immediately relaxed. It was Douxie was laying behind me. Another dream perhaps. But this felt too real. He smelled like books and coffee and my senses were really sharp. Not muddled like in my dreams.

I frowned and shifted causing his hand to immediately pull away. I felt the mattress sink as Douxie abruptly sat upright.

"Angelique?" he asked, his voice an octave higher and hopeful.

I smiled, acknowledging and confirming I had finally woken up. A wave of elation washed over me, along with worry. How long was I unconscious?

"No, Hazardhead," I murmured in a dry and husky voice. "I'm Claire."

I rolled over to my other side- my left- and faced an astounded Douxie.

"You're awake," he said dumbly.

The right edge of my lips quirked up. "No shit, Sherlock." I pulled him back down and he never kept his eyes off of me as he slid back down in the covers. Like he was afraid I would disappear.

"No," he said quickly as he tried to get back up. "You need water. You need food. Oh, and everyone needs to know! Wait, do you need to go to the bathroom?"

I held fast to his arm, urging him back down. "No. I need you."

Douxie's blood rushed up to his cheeks. Who knew the flirtatious boy could be affected by a flirt first?

I inhaled deeply, enjoying all the old feelings I had missed. "Can we stay like this for a while?"

"Anything you want, Mooneyes," he said softly, obliging to me. Douxie's arm trailed back to my waist as I scooted closer to him.

All the memories came flooding back then. Our confession. Toby's almost death. Our confession. Me falling unconscious. Our confession. And our confession. And our confession.

I can't believe it actually happened; and that it took me so long to realize what Douxie really meant to me.

I gazed into his hazel irises, drinking up his presence, and letting my eyes be greedy.