𝐓𝐈𝐓𝐀𝐍𝐒 𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐄 | 𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐈𝐈𝐈

WE HAD GATHERED around the table again

WE HAD GATHERED around the table again. Blinky had Merlin's book out. "Now that we are all here," he announced, "Merlin's grimoire has enlightened me to the destructive forces of the Arcane Order."

Toby groaned. "Oh, boy. Whenever he opens a book, it's pretty bad."

"You have room for one around that big table?"

Everyone's head whipped around and greetings for the Trollhunter was loud.

Blinky practically tripped over himself to give Jim a shoulder to lean on. "Master Jim! By Gorgus, it is good to see you on your feet."

"Barely. But I am happy to stand by your side, Blinky," Jim replied. He set his hands down on the table. "So, what are we dealing with?"

"The Arcane order," I said, with a "obviously" tone.

"Indeed." Blinky opened the grimoire and a holographic projection began to play. "They seek to reawaken the Titans, imbued by the Arcane's primordial energies. Three Titans were their handmaidens to the birth of the universe. They have been in stasis for a millenia awaiting a reckoning of epic proportions, a reckoning this world, or any other, has never seen. When they combine in the center of the universe, Earth will be reborn back to the age of first creation."

The holograph of Earth was wiped clean, like a blank slate. So they're not exactly destroying Earth, rather, they are annihilating everything on it.

"Don't tell me they're going to destroy the Earth," Toby pleaded.

"No," I corrected, then I voiced my thoughts from earlier, "They're destroying everything on it."

"That's destroying it!" Toby cried out.

Archie coughed from beside Nari, to get everyone's attention. "No, it's a new start. Life will begin...again."

I nodded, to agree with the cat.

Nari sighed, and when she spoke, it was barely above a whisper. "Life will start anew."

"Where is the center of the universe?" Claire questioned.

Blinky gave us a small smile. "You are very familiar with it."

I almost laughed. This small town, is the center of the universe? But, then again, it makes sense.

Eli basically choked with disbelief, and had to force his tongue to work. "Wait. Wait. Wait. Arcadia, our hometown, is the center of the world?"

"Of the universe, apparently," Strickler said.

"Nothing is getting reborn as long as we have Nari." Jim glanced at me, though I have no idea why. Then asked me a question, "They need her to complete the ritual, am I correct?"

"All three primordial wizards must be present." My eyes flitted to Nari. "But Douxie's Transmorgraphication spell won't last forever."

Jim went over to Nari and crouched down so he could look her in the eye. "Tell me you know where the Arcane Order is."