9. Full Of Surprises.

I awake the next morning, and lay in bed, watching the sunny sky and listening to the birds chirping. Perfect way to wake up, right?

Then my eyes widened as I realized what time it must've been, and I immediately jumped out of bed. I went to sleep late so I must've overslept!

I pull on an outfit, not bothering to find a uniform and brushed my teeth before running out the door. I'd have to jog to make it to school on time. As I was jogging out onto my drive - way, I hear a loud engine from behind me. "Aye, Baby Face."

Holy macaroni, does he have to bother me every conscious moment?

I guess I owe him at least one morning of no snotty remarks because of his help in math. Curse that no good, vanilla-and-badboy-smelling, math genius.

A sleek grey and blue motorcycle sitting on the curb. It rides up slowly next to me and stops, already having grasped my attention. I stare at it for a few seconds, mesmerized before flicking my gaze back up to the arrogant bad boy on top of the motorbike.

"What?" I honestly didn't have time for him. How long was he sitting outside my house anyway?

"Are you always this angry in the morning, sunshine?" he asks. "Only when I have to deal with annoying little boys and I'm late."

Noah grind at me, his bike lazily rolling towards me.

"Feisty. I'm loving it Baby Face."

"Annoying. I'm hating it." I say, pursing my lips and continue to walk.

He lets out a deep, throaty chuckle, and rides slowly, keeping up with my pace.

"You know school starts in 6 minutes and 43 seconds right?" he informs me.

"Yes."

"And you know you're never gonna make it?"

I stopped abruptly and grin sarcastically. "No, really? And You're still annoying." I conclude, continuing to walk. He scoffs but continues to grin and keep by my side as I continue to walk.

"Ride with me, Sunshine."

"Can you not with the nicknames..."

"Ride with me then."

"That's like begging for a death wish."

"Come on, Sunshine."

"Would you stop calling me that?"

"I'm stuck on that one. It matches you perfectly."

Oh brother....

"Ride with me!" he begs when I don't respond.

"Am I seriously that bad?" he asks, pouting. "Yes. And Your bike makes it worst."

"Come on."

"No! I don't want to fall off and die. And I don't plan on ending my life early."

"You won't. I promise you."

I contemplated walking and arriving late, scratching my record even more, or riding with this jerk and risking my life.

My life is more important than that.

"Please."

"No."

Arriving late sounds just fine to me. I shake my head, confident now and continue to walk.

"Fine. I'll tell your mom you were giving me a hard time." he called.

I run the risk of stopping as I stare at his stupid face, disgusting. He would really use my mother's feelings against me. "3 minutes, 28 seconds."