Chapter Twenty Five

ST. THEODORA CLINIC

The Next Day. Christy has fallen asleep in her hospital room. Klaus slowly walks inside with a medium sized to-go cup of milk and gently sets it down on the table/tray.

Elijah slowly walks inside and slowly walks up beside Klaus. "How is she?"

"Christy's fine. I can hear the baby's heartbeat as well." says Klaus. "Both Christy and the baby are healthy."

"That's good." Elijah says.

"I understood that Christy did not tell me at first, about her pregnancy." Klaus says.

"Because of our mad father, Mikael." Elijah says. "He ruined you, Niklaus, and even though, Mikael wasn't a good fatherly model, but you will be a good father."

Klaus and Elijah exchange small smiles at each other.

⚜️⚜️

After a while, Christy had woken and is getting a checkup for her and the unborn baby.

"The baby's healthy. And so are you, Mrs. Nelson Mikaelson." says the compelled lady nurse. "Would you like an ultrasound of the baby?"

"Sure." Christy asks the lady nurse.

The lady nurse smile softly and proceeds with the ultrasound for the baby. Klaus and Christy averts their gaze at the monitor and the ultrasound of the baby comes on.

 Klaus and Christy averts their gaze at the monitor and the ultrasound of the baby comes on

"Oh my gosh." Christy says, becoming astonished upon seeing Klaus's and hers unborn child. "Klaus?"

"I know." Klaus says, astonished upon seeing their unborn child himself and smiles softly.

"Would you like to an ultrasound picture?" The lady nurse asks.

"Yes." Klaus and Christy both says in unison.

Klaus and Christy exchange smiles at each other.

"Thank you." Christy says.

The lady nurse gently nods and walks away, walking out of Christy's hospital room.

Christy looks at Klaus. "I'm fine, our little baby's fine as well. You can go and accompany Elijah."

"Elijah can take care of things." Klaus says, and gently sits down at her bedside. "Besides, I want to be here with you."

Christy smiles and glances at the medium sized to-go coffee cup. "Decaf latte?"

"Not exactly." Klaus says.