Chapter XIII: The Saga Ends....

"What is this?" asked one child-like voice.

"Where are we? What's going on?" asked another, feminine voice.

Silver didn't care. He continually caressed Blaze's damaged form. He looked around to see that the hill on which he'd been with Sonic had been replaced with this ruin-like structure.

Beyond that, all he could see was the swirling, empty, unceasing void of space/time itself.

"It seems we were all caught by the spatial distortion!" went a more masculine, much more flamboyant-sounding voice. It took no detective to know that it must've been Eggman.

"Iblis' seal has been broken...."

"No thanks to you!" shouted a deeper and angrier voice. Silver recognized it to be the black and red hedgehog he'd fought earlier on.

Behind Silver, Shadow was making to- well, he was making to beat him into a pulp for dooming them all. He'd nearly died for all their sakes, after all. He was stopped by Sonic, though.

"Hey! Take it....easy," said Sonic as he held him back. Shadow glared at him, frustratingly confused.

Sonic gestured with his pupils toward the silver hedgehog. The ultimate lifeform looked a little longer at said hedgehog and saw the limp kitten in his arms. His expression of realization then shifted back to anger as he looked to the hedgehog holding him back. He pushed his hold and took a few steps away in defeat.

Here they were. Above them shined the light of the absolute deity that was Solaris. Silver felt stupid. Gosh, he felt like an absolute idiot!

It only took erasure of all time and the....!

Silver shuddered at the next thought. He had checked Blaze's pulse. She had one. But it was weak, and getting weaker....

He held her closer. 'Blaze....what should I do?' he thought. 'I've made a mess of everything....'

Everyone behind him then started to gasp. He whipped his head around to see a red echidna floating onto their platform with seven gems like the one he had before. He walked over to Sonic and handed them over.

When the blue hedgehog retrieved them, they started floating around his person. "The Chaos Emeralds! Shadow, we can still win!" he said with hope, with vigor.

"We must, blue hedgehog, or there won't be the morrow," he replied as he stepped into the circle that the emeralds formed with their path.

Silver stared at this with a need. He had to help. Help clean up the mess he made. He looked down to the cat in his arms and whispered, "I'll be back," before laying her gently against the stone floor beneath.

"Wait!" Silver shouted at the other two male hedgehogs. "Let me help!"

Shadow undertook a surprised expression at the ashen-colored hedgehog's bravery. For he was offering his help in fighting a literal god.

Sonic looked at the silver hedgehog with alarm, before looking into the light of Solaris above.

"You could die up there," he muttered as he looked back down at Silver.

Silver hesitated. "Then I'll finally have paid for my mistake," he finally said with determination. Sonic only smiled and nodded, granting Silver passage into the ring.

Off to the side, a pink hedgehog saw the dying form of Blaze the Cat, and decided to walk closer.

Silver approached the circle and stepped in. After a few seconds, all three hedgehogs could feel a universe's worth of power coursing through their veins. One by one, their fur became a gleaming gold. They had become super....