Chapter Twenty - Six Impossible Things Before Breakfast

For the second dusk in a row, Kalyna woke next to Dunstan Eorl. He'd woken first, and his fingers gently ran through her hair as he watched her blink groggily back to awareness. He looked so damn enticing with his pierced lip and brow, and those intense amber eyes which seemed to see into her head. She guessed he could see into her head, near enough, as everything she felt would be projected back at him.

She smiled a little self-consciously as she murmured, "Good evening."

"Good evening, beautiful," he purred, his tone still rough and sleepy, and thoroughly sexy.

The way he called her 'beautiful', in a low rumble that seemed to vibrate through him, caused a bolt of desire in her. Her gaze flicked to his pierced lip, and she pressed her thighs together as she squirmed. The man was definitely addictive.

Dunstan chuckled, his nostril flaring as he inhaled her scent, which probably revealed as much about her reaction to him as the blood bond. He flipped her onto her back, settling between her thighs, and pinning her wrists either side of her head. He nipped her lower lip, sucking soft flesh, his tongue teasing the lower curve until she opened for him, to kiss him hungrily. His thumbs pressed slow, seductive circles into her palms, which sent further bolts of heat to her core. Her body responding so instinctively; leaving her breathless.

"You're insatiable, recruit," he said against her lips.

"You sate me wonderfully. Which then makes me want you again," she laughed, wriggling against him and feeling the hardness of him resting against her. "And you're pretty insatiable your self, Sergeant."

A rumble of desire escaped him, and he kissed across her jaw to her ear, growling, "If we had more time, I could have fun with that, but I have a meeting in fifteen minutes."

She pouted, lifting her hips, and he chuckled again, a low, velvety laugh that did things to her body

"Later, beautiful," he promised, and gave her a long, probing kiss. "Later, I'll make sure you're too spent to move."

That was a promise she intended to make him keep, even though it would mean turning 'one more day' into 'yet another day'.

"I guess I'll go and get breakfast then," she said, because she had nothing else to do. "And then we'll have physical training, I suppose."

"Almost everyday day," he said with a wink. "And we need to work on drills. Then after lunch you need to join the Introduction to the Supernatural World lecture. That's between 1am and 2am. After that, I suggest you go to the library and catch up on the reading for the weeks you've missed. Then Maloney has also taken it upon herself to enrol you on the Fundamentals of Magic module, so you'll have that lecture between 3am and 5am."

She wrinkled her nose. At thirty-six, she hadn't expected to be back in lectures again. Learning more about the world she was a part of seemed wise though, as her anger hadn't allowed much room for appreciating the nuance of different species' culture or the intricacies of their governance.

"And after that?" she asked.

Dunstan smirked and kissed from her collar bone and down the valley between her breasts, with a look of heat in his eyes. The promise in his expression said that an altogether more enjoyable round of physical training would follow, and she moaned at the thought.

"Tease," she complained.

He only grinned as he pulled away, going to his wardrobe to pull out a clean uniform.

She'd have to pull on yesterday's training kit and sneak back to her room to find a fresh uniform, because yesterday's uniform sat, abandoned; stowed away in a locker of the training suite's changing rooms.