seventeen

*Lexi's POV*

Tack tack tack..

I sat up in bed, praying to God that it was Luke tapping on my window and not a crazy murder.

I stood up, opening the small passage to a sleepy, crying Luke. His body slumped, breathing heavily as he just climbed the tree to get to my room and his sobbing.

Luke quietly slid in, taking off his shoes as he patted his way to me in the dark. He arms quickly embraced me, lifting me off my feet as he carried me in a hold. His face buried into my neck as I wrapped my legs around his torso.

He stood in place effortlessly, rocking us back and forth as his tears rolled off my skin of my neck. "You smell like chocolate." he whispered, blinking to my face as he held under my thighs.

"I have a stash of Hershey's under my desk drawer, I got hungry and fell asleep." I whispered in reply, Luke chuckling under his breath in response. He leaned his face to mine as he caught my lips between his lovingly.

I held around his neck as he walked over to the bed and laid me down. He pecked my lips soft and gently, his eyelashes brushing against my cheek as he shifted his movements. "Mmh, chocolatey.."

I giggled, pulling his down with me as he laid beside my body. I pulled the blankets over, arms wrapped around his torso with my head on his chest. "The dreams are back, aren't they?" I asked. "This is your fourth night here in a row."

Luke sighed. "Yeah." he mumbled. "I haven't been feeling too great anymore. Like my shine is dulling out."

I frowned, a hand placed on his chest as I look up to his face. "Have you been taking your meds?" I asked.

"No." Luke shortly finished, closing his eyes. "I thought I was doing okay so I didn't need them. But now the dreams are back."

I traced a big heart on his clothed chest with my index finger. "I think it's best if you start taking them again, until your doctor tells you otherwise."

"I don't want to take them, Lex. They make me feel different. I don't want to eat, I lack sleep, I'm always jittery. It's not me." He defended, shutting his eyes softly.

I sigh. "But your not yourself when you don't take them. You seem so sad and bored, you don't talk, and you get the dreams mo-"

"But it's not normal Lexi." he said a bit louder. "Something is wrong with me. Taking depression pills isn't normal when I'm not even depressed. I can't do anything about it."

"Nothing is wrong with you Luke, and you know that." I say, clenching on his shirt. "Your normal, and you deserve to feel happy. You just went through more than most people."

Luke shook his head. "Normal people don't take antidepressants, they don't talk to doctors every month-"

"But normal people have friends and a loving mother, and normal people have a girlfriend who helps him through it." I say, even though the sentence wasn't correct grammar.

Luke grinned weakly, arms wrapped around me as his eyes swelled with tears. "But normal people don't think about their life ending with a slit of the wrist, or had a ex-girlfriend who broke up with him because he didn't take her to prom or out to dinner because he was busy crying and planning a funeral."

My chest ached. I could feel it literally ache for this boy. His soul was crushed and crumbled, smushed into pieces and cramped back into a weak, sad body. "It wasn't your fault Luke. It's no ones fault. No one knew that crash was going to happen."

Luke exhaled, closing his eyes as tears streamed hot down his cheek as he pet my hair. "M-maybe if I was in the car too I-"

"No! Stop it!" I said with my own voice raised. "Don't you dare tell me you wanted to be in there with them! There are other people who care about you and it would only make it worse."

Luke shook his head. "I treat it selfishly, that I wanted to be in there too. But that means I wouldn't have met you, so that's not good."

I lean up to peck his chapped lips, rubbing off the tears as he let out his shaky breath. "Don't you leave me Luke. Don't you dare leave this world without me."

"I wouldn't want to do that. Only for you, I would stay back." he whispered. "Its late Lex, we should sleep."

"But Lu-"

"C'mon, it's okay. We can talk about it another time." he says. "Sleep babe."

I didn't want to argue, scooting my body up on his as I kissed my lips to his chin. "Please be here when I wake up." I say, shutting my eyes.

"I will. I will." Luke assured me, pecking my forehead over and over again as he finally tangled our feet together and rested his body. "Just don't leave me."

"Now why would I do that?" I ask.
"Everybody leaves." Luke replied.
"Well I'll make sure I won't." I whisper.
"But what if you do?" he asked.
"Then I'll make sure to come back, I promise." was the last words of the night before we fell into a soft silence, falling into a deep, peaceful sleep without cries or nightmares.

I'm his dream catcher, it's what I do.
________

I feel this is short but oh we'll it's important. I hope this help out with how Luke truly feels to the core so yeah, hope you liked it!
x falyn