Chapter Two - Aspertia City Gym

After lots of training in route 19 and in the Floccesy Ranch, Nate and Rosa felt like they were becoming real trainers. And what do real trainers do? They challenge Pokemon gyms, like the one in Nate and Rosa's hometown, the Aspertia City gym, run by Cheren, the gym leader.

"Good luck," Rosa said, standing on the sidelines of the gym, waiting for Nate to challenge Cheren. He beat the two trainers who were no match at all for Nate or Rosa. Rosa already earned the badge, so it was all up to Nate to get the badge, now.

"Hey, you're my second challenger!" Cheren said. "Now, get ready for your first real battle in your Pokemon journey!"

Nate could hear Rosa snicker from the sidelines, knowing they have already battled in Floccesy town.

"Alright!" Nate said. "Get ready to be destroyed!" Nate cringed once he realized he said that.

"Bring it on!" Cheren said. "Go, Patrat!"

Cheren sent out a small weird-looking Pokemon. Nate sent out Oshawott, his only Pokemon, and the fight began.

"Use work up!" Cheren said.

What type of move is that? Nate thought.

"Water gun!" Nate said.

Oshawott shot a beam of water straight at the Patrat, landing a critical hit, and also a one-shot K.O. Impressive for Nate's first real battle.

Cheren grunted. "Hmph. Well, you haven't seen me go all out yet! Go, Lillipup!"

Cheren sent out a small fluffy four-legged Pokemon. It was the complete opposite of what Nate would call intimidating.

"Water gun!"

"Work up!"

Luckily, Oshawott was faster than the opposing Lillipup, and it was able to land another critical hit on the small Pokemon, getting another one-shot.

Cheren had a shocked expression. "W-What...?" He said. He quickly changed his expression and shook Nate's hand. "Good job! You did great for a newbie like you! Now, here's your badge!"

Nate took the badge from Cheren and placed it gently into his badge case. Nate caught up with Rosa, and the two walked out of the gym.

"Watching you battle was really cool!" Rosa said. "But that gym was really easy..."

Nate nodded. "I know, isn't it?" he said.

Nate checked his town map. His mom gave him a extra map to give to Rosa before he started his journey, but he didn't think she used it as often as Nate did, since he always would tend to get lost.

"Alright!" Nate said, with another fist pump in the air. "Virbank City has a gym leader!"

Rosa grinned. "Great! How do we get there?"

"We just have to get through Floccesy town and Route 20, and then we are there!" Nate said.

Rosa was beaming. "Let's go! There's no time to loose!" She said, sprinting ahead of Nate.

Nate sighed, and sprinted after her. Two gym battles in one day does sound like a fine deal, after all.