Side Chapter 17

This takes place a couple years before the current time line, and it's when Goshiki and Kogane started dating. Sanae is three at this time. (Two important a/n at the end)

Sanae watched Satori as he frosted freshly baked cupcakes. She sat on the counter, swinging her feet over the edge and handing him different frosting colors when asked.

"Where's the blue?" Satori set the white frosting down and smiled at her, "Think I can make a snowflake?"

She nodded. Whenever he babysits her while Goshiki works, he usually bakes or practices new recipes. She loves tasting whatever he comes up with and he lets her help as much as she wants.

Satori used the blue to carefully make a snowflake on the cupcake. A scent caught his nose off guard and he set the frosting bag on the counter. He smelled the citrusy panic before Goshiki was in the house.

"Satori! I need your help!" Goshiki dramatically yelled as he barged in.

The two looked over at him to see a very flustered, out of breath omega staring back.

"Did you run here?" Satori stood up straight.

"Yes, but that doesn't matter." Goshiki slammed his hands on the counter, "You will never believe who came into the store today!"

"Jesus?"

"Satori! This is serious!" Goshiki groaned. "Koganegawa Kanji."

Satori whistled and leaned over the counter, propping his chin in his hands, "Your high school crush? Did he see you? Did you talk? What'd you say to him?"

"I don't even remember I was so nervous." Goshiki thinks he rambled, maybe about the weather and his job at the store. Kogane kept staring at him with his happy-go-lucky smile and wouldn't take his eyes off him. He almost melted into a puddle right then and there. "He asked me out!"

"On a date?"

"I don't know but he asked if I was free Saturday and I said yes and then he asked if I wanted to go to dinner and I said yes." Goshiki said in one long breath. He collapsed into a chair and sighed. "I said yes. Oh my god I can't believe I said yes. What do I do?!"

Satori handed Sanae the cupcake he finished decorating. "Why are you freaking out when you clearly want to go on the date."

"How would you know?"

"Your blushing face says it all."

Goshiki put his hands over his cheeks to hide it but he understood what Satori meant. His face a flushed and not from his long-winded explanation. His high school crush, which he never really lost feelings for, asked him on a date. Nerves fluttered in his stomach. "I can't do this!"

Satori rolled his eyes playfully. "Of course you can."

Sanae took a bite of the cupcake then held it out to her papa to share.

Goshiki's face softened and he took a deep breath. "Thank you," He kissed the pup's cheek and tasted the cupcake. "Delicious.... Where's Rin?"

"At school." The older omega almost pouted.

"Right, I still haven't gotten used to that." He expected her to run into the kitchen at any moment and join the conversation.

"Me too. I miss her so much during the day. But at least I have this cutie," Satori pinched Sanae's cheek and she smiled.

Goshiki couldn't help himself from picking Sanae up and cuddling her. He pressed his cheek against hers and she shoved at his face but he took her hand and kissed it. She's helping him calm down after his encounter with Kogane.