Chapter 203

"What did we do?" Goshiki stared into the lake.

The realization hit him— he's a murderer. They both are.

Bokuto tugged the omega's sleeve, breaking his trance. "You're bleeding. Let's get out of here."

Goshiki pulled against him and lingered, "He's really dead?"

"Yes, he's dead." He understands the shock of everything that just happened, but there's no doubt Kisho wasn't already dead before going in the lake. A shot right in the head, from a bullet that had his name on it.

They stumbled back to the car, checking to make sure the coast is clear. Bokuto drove off in the opposite direction of home.

"Where are you going?" Goshiki quietly asked.

"There's another lake about ten minutes away. We'll toss the weapons there." He nodded to the floor where the gun and knife sat. "Wipe off our fingerprints and hand them to me."

Slow moving, Goshiki began to wipe them off. Every inch to ensure their fingerprints are gone.

"Make sure your blood doesn't get on them."

Reminding Goshiki of the pain in his neck, he winced. Blood trailed down the right side of his body. The wound isn't very deep but it's painful and messy. He feels lucky nothing major was nicked because Kisho definitely intended to kill.

As they drove past the lake, dark and swampy, Bokuto tossed the knife and gun out the window. The weapons landed with a splash and he kept driving.

A ways up the road he turned around and headed back towards town. He took off his hat and gloves in the process and stuffed them in the back. They quickly came up with a plan in case they ran into the cops. They'd say they're out having a late night meeting behind their mates' backs. The topic may be awkward and believable enough, a cop would let them go no further questions. That was a backup plan, considering they haven't seen any cops yet.

"There's a first aid kit in the glove box. Keiji keeps those everywhere." The alpha sheepishly said.

Goshiki retrieved it and started rummaging through to treat his wound. He used the mirror to inspect it the wound running from his neck to his collarbone. The damage isn't the worst, it's certainly something he's used to. He cleaned it up with antiseptic and a couple bandages to soak up the remaining blood. He wiped at the blood dripped on the seat, "Sorry about your car."

"It's okay. I'll say the kids spilled something and clean it tomorrow." He sighed, "That wound is problematic... You'll have to hide it."

"I know." He mumbled, woefully thinking how he's good at coming up with lies to explain away injuries. After this heals, he won't have to do that anymore. It gave him a rush of adrenaline before reeling him back to reality.

As much as he wanted Kisho dead, to suffer pain and agony, he still feels guilty. He murdered someone and it doesn't sit well with him. Even though Kisho was the worst human being he's ever met, Goshiki had a hard time accepting he's the reason he's dead.

However, he's extremely grateful the abuse is over now. Sanae will be safe from now on.

Doesn't mean she won't still end up hurt, and hasn't been hurt in the past. There's still a chance they get caught and he loses her. There's also the fact that Sanae has a bruise on her arm form Kisho the other day. As a parent, he can't seem to do anything right.

The car became clouded with distressed orange. The omega's citrusy scent is on edge just like him.

Bokuto can only guess where his mind is wandering.