D

Warning!

Light smut.

~Rich's pov~

His lips softly brushed mine. I got an acute feeling in my stomach full of excitement, curiosity, lust, terror, and... And...

Is this what love feels like...?

"John, buddy, there you are, it's time to le-" John and I jumped significantly far away from each other and looked around with sheer horror to find David standing in the doorway, his mouth agape, eyes transfixed on us in a state of stupor.

Oh no... David caught us...

I briefly looked at John for a moment, his eyes held an apologetic look almost on the verge of begging. But what could he be begging for?

David slowly stepped closer, quickly glancing between John and me, surprise written all over his face. His eyebrows furrowed downward and he bit his lip, seeming as though he was in careful thought.

"D-David... P-please don't t-tell your f-f-father." John stuttered mercilessly, his eyes open wide in fear and his cheeks the shade of my rose garden just behind us. David inhaled extensively and exhaled painfully slow.

I'm done for. My life is over...

"What took you two so long?" David questioned sternly, a smile playing on his lips. John held his breath for a moment and my heart skipped a beat.

"What?!" John and I exclaimed in unison.

"You heard me." David's smile grew, "'twas very noticeable that you two were fond of each other since the moment you first met, you know? In the park earlier?" He smirked.

"WHAT?!" John and I repeated louder.

"Why, I was there with you fools! I just so happened to also be taking a noon stroll throughout the park and I saw you," He smiled at John, "approach Richard and ask him about the dandelion. The way you reacted, Richard, was much too amusing to just turn and walk away. So I watched the whole exchange between you two, to my delight. I knew it was only a matter of time before..." He raised his eyebrows and smirked, glancing between us.

My God, what is happening?!

John blushed profusely and looked down, the dandelion still in his hair. Mr. Rashbaum's voice boomed from the front of the mansion, calling to John and David.

"Right then," David clapped his hands together with cheer, "I cordially apologize for interrupting you two, but John, we must go back at once. My family must still pack for our journey. Come along, my good friend." He wrapped his arm around John joyously before turning to me and patting my shoulder.

"You should visit Johnny boy here tomorrow, he will be quite lonely." He winked at me before he and John quickly walked to the front of the property.

I stood there with my feet rooted to the earth, jaw hanging open, and my cheeks on fire. I watched as John glanced back at me one last time and grinned, before disappearing around the corner. My heart was beating like a gorilla trapped inside of a cage, wanting nothing but to be free, wanting nothing but to be with his mate. My stomach swirled with all kinds of funny feelings. My lips tingled wanting to be touched by his. My fists clenched and my mouth became dry and my throat felt like a dessert and my knees felt weak and the earth was spinning and it became difficult to breathe and...

...and I'm in love.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Mother, I am going to visit the Rashbaum's! I shall be back this afternoon!" I called to my mother as I was heading out the door. She sharply looked at me and stopped me, "Are you going to see Rosie?!" She asked excitedly. I swallowed hard and tried not to break eye contact.