12

13k?! here's an update while i'm having toji fic brainrot :3 LOVE UR COMMENTS KEEP EM COMINGG

-

Cal liked the gift.

He said that even though he's into baseball more, he'd still use the gift you gave him. He'll try to play soccer, too. You grinned at that, kissed him on the cheek and messed with his blond hair. He clinged tight on your neck before running to his bedroom, carrying the soccer ball gift you gave him.

He was also thrilled when he saw his parents' gift to him. He ran around the house, carrying the baseball bat with him, and screamed like a mad man like you imagined he would. Not until he got scolded by Aunt Tina. The ultimate killyjoy of the house.

Toji kept glancing at your way but you pretend you don't notice. Megumi's with Riley and her family, watching cartoons together with Lily. You were left here, cleaning up the mess mostly by kids who just left the party. Your mother and Aunt Jane helped, too. Toji was helping the men arrange the tables and chairs. Some of Cal's friends stayed for a sleepover, and it doesn't worry you, really. Their house has three or more vacant rooms, and instead, worried that you and Megumi might have to sleep here... with Toji. As if you were a family.

You never saw Ashley again. Good. She should stay where she should, because what you saw there would freak Uncle Jimmy. They don't have that father-daughter relationship that you see on TV, but then again, who does? Ashley doesn't seem to like her dad and they're not that close, too. Ever since her mother left them for a rich younger man, she became rebellious and cold. As much as possible, you try to understand her whenever she seems annoyed or snap at you when you try to talk to her, because you don't know what she's been through.

Though, flirting with your ex-husband is way out of the line. Toji's twice her age. You know that having daddy issues are being romanticized nowadays, so what she did was fucked up. At her age, she should be flirting at a college party, but what do you know? You gotta have to talk to her about it, but maybe not now. You're not a snitch. Telling it to her father will worsen everything.

You wanted to talk to Maggie about staying the night, but she was too busy leading the visitors out of their house and talking to some parents while they're out. The trash bag in your hand was heavy as you try to drag it with you to throw it in the trash. You grunted, gripping it in your hand as you try to kick everything that was in the way.

Okay, almost there.

"I'll help you."

You rolled your eyes when you heard his baritone voice. When will he stop appearing at your side out of nowhere? He was twelve feet away from you seconds ago, for heaven's sake. "No, thank you." you proceeded to pull the trash with you, grunting as you do so. What's in this bag? A body?

"Just let me help, Y/N. You're obviously struggling to carry that."

He was gazing at you like he was belittling you. (To you, at least.)

You scoffed. "I. can. do. it."

With gritted teeth, you pulled the trash with both hands, but since you were too annoyed to notice, the trashbag has now a hole in it, so some of the garbage are spilling out of it. "Shit." you cursed as you see their grass now stained with dirt.

You don't want to look up at the man watching you, but you did. His left eyebrow was raised, hands inside his pocket. You scowled at him, placing the bag on the ground to grab some gloves to pick the trash up. When you got back, of course, the trash is now gone, courtesy to the mighty, strong man now who has a slight smirk on his face.

He was about to walk towards you but you raised your hand to stop him. "Don't. Or I'll throw this to your face."

He didn't take it seriously and let out an amused chuckle, your eyes narrowing at him. He surrendered his hands in the air in defeat. Finally, some space, you thought. It took you a few minutes to clean the mess you made, and went back to helping your mother clear the tables. You can hear your Aunt Tina laughing from afar and you can't help but roll your eyes. It sounds like a machine trying to laugh because of her burnt lungs.