Yaksha

After Y/n was done eating her dinner, she went up to the balcony to get some of the night's fresh air. While she was walking toward the railings, she stopped when she noticed a figure standing by the balcony.

She shrugged it off and started walking beside the figure. She noticed the figure had a bird tattooed on his right arm as she got closer.

An Adeptus? Y/n thought.

She walked even closer and froze when the Adeptus's head turned to the side, his eyes digging into hers.

"What are you doing here, mere mortal?" The Adeptus asked.

"I'm sorry for getting through your space. I will be lea-"

"I did not say you should leave the balcony yet." The Adeptus spoke, giving Y/n a blank expression. She stood where she was and looked anywhere but him.

"I know you, Y/n. I've heard a lot about you. If you were a mere mortal like everyone else, I would've been gone already in this spot." The Adeptus scoffed and turned back into the scenery. Y/n let out a soft gasp and slowly walked beside the man, having a 1-meter distance from each other.

"How did you know that I'm Y/n?" she softly asked.

"I recognized your voice and your eyes, and we have met before. Mostly you wouldn't remember due to how long it was the last time we saw each other." Xiao crossed his arms in his eyes, not daring to look at Y/n.

Am I really that known? She thought.

"I bought some Almond Tofu. It was supposed to be my take-out for later, but I will give it to you because I feel like you would really like it." Y/n reached the Almond Tofu to Xiao with a smile. The smile that Xiao was yearning to see again.

Xiao sighed and gently took the Almond Tofu from her. "Thank you," He mumbled.

"You should get going, it's really late at night. Who mortal would be awake this late?" Xiao scoffed and turned his head away.

"Oh right! I should go now. Can I tell you something before I leave?" Y/n asked with her eyes looking up at him. He sighed and nodded, not looking at her. She went closer to his ear and said, "When I leave Wangshu Inn, don't tell anyone about my current appearance. I'm on a risky mission and I don't want to mess it up."

"Call out my name if you're in danger, Xiao." He said before teleporting away. Y/n breathed out in relief before turning away to go back to her room and get some good sleep.

Hours passed, and Y/n woke up with the sunray shining straight into her eyes. She groaned and sat up on her bed, realizing that she should start traveling to Liyue.

"Shit." She cursed and jumped off the bed, getting ready.