Souvenirs

Though the Tsaritsa was indeed looking for Childe, he still did not come to Snezhnaya. But instead, he sent a letter to her about not being able to go due to having some ongoing missions around Liyue and mentioned wanting Y/n to join the fatui as his secretary. Scaramouche already left and was nowhere to be seen, so he had the other fatui members send it to the Tsaritsa.

Y/n and Childe went to walk around Liyue to check out some souvenirs. Suddenly, Childe's attention went to a man with brown hair and amber eyes standing right in front of Wangsheng Funeral Parlor.

"Hey, Zhongli!" Childe yelled and waved at the man. "Oh hello, Childe. How are you? And who is this young lady you are with?" The man formally asked while giving Y/n a polite smile.

"She's Murasaki Takeuchi. I met her earlier and we're actually looking for souvenirs. Wanna join us?" Childe invited him.

"I'm sorry but I sadly can't come with the two of you. I'm busy with a client in Wangsheng Funeral Parlor. I'm just waiting for Hutao to call me." Zhongli apologized, frowning because of wanting to join Childe and Y/n.

Childe let out a sad sigh before giving him a small smile. "Alright. We'll see you around, Zhongli," He said, waving before walking away with Y/n.

Y/n noticed Zhongli mumbled something under his breath before Childe found a souvenir shop and pulled her with him.

Hours had passed, and Childe and Y/n were shopping around Liyue for souvenirs. Honestly, it was Y/n's idea about souvenirs, but she didn't think about overbuying too much.

"Childe, I think that's enough of buying souvenirs," Y/n warned, carrying at least 5 bags of different kinds of souvenirs.

"But Saki, you don't understand~," Childe whined and pouted. "I need souvenirs to bring back to Snezhnaya~."

"That's enough, good sir. Come on, I have to go back to my rental room to get some rest," She said before letting out a small sigh. She took Childe by his waist and carried him on her shoulder, getting a reaction from him.

"Woah! Wait, put me down! I didn't know you're this strong enough to carry me!" He wiggled himself around, making Y/n annoyed, and put him back down.

Suddenly, thunder roared through the sky. Y/n flinched and covered both of her ears and shut her eyes close. Childe noticed her actions and immediately pulled her in an embrace, holding her close. Not too long after the thunder, it started raining heavily. Everyone in the city either ran away to a dry place or opened their umbrellas to keep themselves dry, but Childe and Y/n stood in the middle, getting themselves drenched in the rain.

It didn't take that long until Y/n gently pushed herself from him and pulled them to the nearest spot to hide, and they both heavily panted for running.

"Are you okay, Saki?" Childe asked, a tone of worry in his voice.

"I'm good. I think it's best if we go back to my place so we can get ourselves dried off," Y/n replied, giving him a reassuring smile before nodding to head off.

As they arrived at her place, she placed the wet souvenir bags by the front door and let Childe walk in first. "You can go wash up first. The bathroom is down the hallway on the right, I'll get some clothes for you that I think would fit you."