Their Truth

Everywhere in the Empire, there was only one topic that was on everybody's mouth.

The puppet prince. 

It was revealed, on the last day of the Summer Festival, that the first prince had been under the control of a shaman who used forbidden ways to make the prince do his bidding. The supercherie was discovered by the Second Prince who was aided by an angel from the Heavens to defeat the evil shaman and bring back peace in the Empire. 

The Emperor decreed that the title of Crown Prince would be passed down to his Second Son, who had proven his strength and sense of justice. Months later, the Emperor abdicated, leaving the throne to the freshly crowned Crown Prince. 

Many women envied the title besides the new Emperor, but the decree that quickly followed the coronation ceremony was enough to shatter all their hopes. 

Marriage between the Emperor and the angel who had descended from Heaven was to be held in three months' time. No woman would dare compete against such a powerful deity but rumours quickly spread throughout the Empire. 

She was said to have hair of pure gold and eyes like the rarest of jewels. Her skin was porcelain white and her features were unique in the world. No one would be more befitting of ruling alongside the new Emperor than her. 

Back in New York, a letter arrived addressed to Leah Cromwell. It was to congratulate her for winning the special mention prize at the design competition. 

In the Central Library of New York, a book fell down from one of the shelves, flipping open to a page in the middle of it. There was an image of a woman with golden hair and blue eyes sitting besides an Asian man with his hair wrapped under a hat. 

Emperor Zhu Ming Lei and his wife, Li Ai, were known to have been the leaders of one of the most prosperous eras of the Ming Dynasty. The origins of Empress Li Ai are still unknown and  researchers do not seem to agree on one answer. They had numerous children who carried down the couple's legacy and led China to prosperity for many decades.