39

Michael's pov
"No,no,it shouldn't go on the album:it doesn't fit the aesthetic!"Dave argued with me.he had a song that deserved to be on the album,despite him arguing with me that it shouldn't be."ah come on Dave!at least let it be on like a bonus CD that have the demos."I tried to convince him,"you're letting your insecurities cloud your mind Dave."Jennifer said,I gave her a confused look."insecurities?"they looked at me,"Dave's a bit self conscious of his vocals."Jennifer explained as Dave looked down sadly.but I was shocked,Dave?insecure of his vocals?"David Eric Grohl,"he jokingly gasped,"full name,I'm in trouble!"He joked.

"You're an amazing singer!Butch let me listen to your back up vocals and they're amazing!"He turned away,Jennifer looked at him sadly.I sighed and tapped my chin,then my face lit up."you know,if you don't want to put it on the album you could at least sing it in front of me and Jen."I said,pointing at me and Jennifer.she reassuringly smiled at him,Dave nervously looked at us.he groaned and sighed,"fineeee"he whined."Yay!"Jennifer and I cheered.he jokingly rolled his eyes,"I'll go get my guitar."he made his way down to the basement.I quickly opened my bag and took out my tape recorder,Jennifer jokingly gasped."Micah!"she whispered,I pressed my finger against my lips.

She nodded,getting the hint.I hid the tape recorder behind my back and sat down on the couch,Dave came back into the room with his guitar."alright,"I started the tape recorder behind my back,"so uh,this song is called marigold."Dave explained."cant wait to listen."i beamed,Jennifer sat down next to him.he took a deep breath and exhaled,strumming his guitar.

"He's there in case I won it all
He's scared 'cause I want
He's scared in case I want it all
He's scared 'cause I want
All in all the clock is slow
Six colour pictures all in a row
Of a marigold"