Chapter 8

(this is where Eliza's going to talk about her war experience towards Shadow, Please read on with caution)

Before I could finish getting ready, Shadow had barged in on me. 

"Eliza.." she could really finish her sentence at first until she got a hold of herself that is

"Eliza, you always seem distressed after the war, what's going on?" was she really asking me this kind of question? There's no easy way of explaining this without telling her everything.

"I might as well tell you from the beginning, I was 5 at the time when my Father told me the rule that almost every kingdom had to follow, and that was that all princesses who seemed fit for war, were indeed shipped to their family Army Camp." I told her.

to my surprise she didn't look shocked, I think it's because she already knew about the law or genuinely nothing surprises her.

"It wasn't easy, my Aunt she.. she was very strict and had punishments for if any of us stepped out of line." That changed Shadow's facial expression.

"Did you, step out of line?" She asked

"Once er twice, I, however, was my Aunt's favorite, I am soon to be the future General after all." I admitted, Shadow then pulled me into a hug and comforted me.

"What were the types of punishments?" She asked a bit hesitant

"Well, we got whipped when we didn't listen, and if we did something reckless the whip was usually coated with Liquid Mercy, and if we stole we lost our nails, if it was nothing serious but still in trouble by the General by taking something of hers (like her alcohol) we slept on a bed of nails.. not the worst punishment considering I was drunk and numb as all hell" I admitted. Shadow's jaw dropped and she almost had tears in her eyes.

"I'm fine though, nothing I can't handle as of now." I assured her, but then she cleared her throat.

"Just be careful when you're out there, you can't be hurting your body over your legacy." She told me, we were there for a while. I almost didn't want to go...but...what choice did I  have?

(Sorry for the short chapter)