S01: Ep 01- Big Time Audition

Carolynn Howard agreed to work for her uncle Gustavo two years ago, and at the time she underestimated how intense the music industry was.

Within her time at Rocque Records, she had seen many artists come and go, but barely any of them ended up making it big.

So when the CEO of the company that owned Rocque Records, Arthur Griffin, came into the studio one day demanding Gustavo to start a search for the next big thing in music, Carolynn didn't expect it to go well.

Gustavo and his assistant, Kelly, were gone for a total of 2 weeks, which was pure bliss for Carolynn. Their absence meant no work, no school, and all the time in the world to work on her own songs. Plus, with all her free time, she got to spend time with her best friend Camille, which resulted in Carolynn accidentally agreeing to help her prepare for all her auditions.

Her break, however, came to a grinding halt one relaxing Friday evening when she received a call from Kelly.

"Kelly, to what do I owe the pleasure?" Carolynn said as soon as she picked up the phone.

"Gustavo and I thought we found the artist we're looking for, but they ended up saying no to coming out to LA to record some demos. So we're back to the drawing board. We'll be back tomorrow evening to make a plan b." Kelly said, recapping the last couple of hours.

Knowing her uncle well enough, Carolynn asked, "Let me guess, uncle Gustavo isn't taking it too well?" As if on cue, she heard a crash in the background, followed by the man's harsh yell.

"Yeah, he doesn't want to go back and tell Griffin that he failed." Kelly said wincing, "Listen, we're gonna need you in the studio first thing Monday morning to help us figure out what to do."

"I'll be there. Text me any updates." Carolynn said before hanging up.

The next morning, as she was standing at her sink, doing her weeks worth of dishes, she got a text from Kelly informing her of the big news.

'Good news! The person we picked changed their mind and they're flying out to LA Monday morning. You're not needed until 1pm Monday.'

Carolynn sighed, expecting once again for nothing to come out of this new artist. Little did she know how wrong she was.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Monday came around way faster than she expected, and before she knew it, she was rushing down to the lobby to wait for the car Gustavo always sent for her. As Carolynn passed by the doors to the pool, she happened to see her best friend in a sparkly purple dress, which could only mean she was gearing up for an audition. As soon as Carolynn got eyes on her best friend, however, she winced as she saw Camille slap a new guy harshly across the face, before storming away while fake sobbing dramatically. Camille noticed her best friend, smiling when she saw the red headed girl. Carolynn just gave her a displeased look as she approached her.

"Did you really have to traumatize the new guy? This looks like his first day here." Carolynn expressed to her friend.

"It's easier to prepare for an audition by interacting with people that aren't you or my dad." Camille shrugged, before walking away.

Carolynn rolled her eyes and giggled as she prepared herself to go apologize on behalf of her friend, something she did quite often. As she approached the guy, she noticed three other guys by his side who also seemed to be new. She also noticed the other signature red head of the Palm Woods, Tyler, standing in a trash can talking to the new guys. As she got closer to the group she heard Tyler give the boys an overview on her.

"And that's Carolynn Howard, singer/songwriter. Not really interested in being famous, but she does have a good work ethic and her music is amazing. She's like my big sister, and everyone here loves her. Just don't get on her bad side." Tyler said without realizing she could hear him.