Chapter 16 - Forgiveness

More than a month passed with Randhir's treatment. Gradually he was getting over his anxiety and I too got rid of my crape. It was a fine morning when I found him exercising being shirtless. Drops of sweat were dripping from his hairs and crawling through his chin and chest so seductively that I couldn't stop myself drooling over him. Suddenly I felt drops of water on my back and looked out to find the source.

"Rain?" I bewildered trying to catch some drops.
"It's not rain! Murli kaka is watering terrace garden" said Randhir suddenly joining me.
"Terrace garden!"
"I thought one month was enough to explore"
"Shut up! Let's go up"
"I'm not coming"
"Whatever"

I ran upstairs and was delighted with the greenery and flowers. Suddenly, I saw something unusual on seashore cought my vision. "Happy Birthday" I could read the letters planted with colourful papers. I covered my face in excitement as it was the first time someone made my birthday special after my parents.

"Surprise!" said Randhir casing my waist from back and resting his chin on my back.
"Thank you! I love you" I replied wrapping my arms on his.
"This your first birthday with me so let me know what gift you want"
"I've already got my best present and that's you"
"Stop using dialogues"
"You're mysterious! You already ordered and asking my choice" I said looking at a man entering into the house.
"What? I didn't..." he paused. "Mr. Bhanushali!" he exclaimed in shock and left me. "Why the hell is he here?" he hit the wall and call Murli. "Kaka, tell Mr. Bhanushali that no one is here"
"But sir!"
"Do as I say"
"Randhir he's your father"
"We've already spoke about this"
"But you've not been picking his call. What if there's a big problem"
"I don't care where he's stuck"
"I don't understand why are you running away when you've not at fault"
"Because he reminds my every misery which is definitely his gift"
"Let him feel guilty and stop punishing yourself"

Clenching his teeth, he scooted down followed by me. While he faced him, I remained behind the pillar of stairs so that I could overhear their conversation.

"When you know I hate meeting you, why are you here"
"Son, listen"
"I also hate listening to these sugar coated bullets"
"I know you've lots of complaints but..."
"You still name it complain? Let me remind you've destroyed your own family. I agree the woman who gave me birth was wrong but what you did is not righteous for any father"
"Punish me as much as you want but please listen to me once"
"Your words won't mend my life just get lost. Oh sorry! I'm at your house, I should leave"
"Randhir listen, please! Your mother is dying. She wants to meet you one last time. I agree as parents we've neglected you in every way but you're responsible enough to fire her grave. Here's the address" placing a cheat on the nearby table he walked out.

Standing there for a while, he marched towards his room without even putting a glance on it.

"Take this" I said forwarding the cheat.
"Let it fly away, I ain't interested" he said facing back.
"Randhir, she's your mother"
"A mother sacrifices everything for her child. Only giving birth doesn't signify a woman mother" he spoke with rage turning towards me.
"Fine! Don't consider her your mother but at least think of a person who's dying" I tried to convince him.
"Why should I? When she left I kept dying every moment. At every step I comments of society that I'm worthless, that's why my parents threw me away" his eyes went teary.
"I agree they behaved irresponsible but by doing this you're proving that you've their genes. They did a favour of giving you birth, otherwise we'd have never met" I smiled. "You were asking about birthday present, weren't you? Let's pay a visit to her as a gift. Please" I said handing him the cheat.