★☆ ! >﹏< 𝗣𝗟𝗔𝗡𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗚 !

beomgyu's pov 

of course, those idiots had to land. when my morning seemed to be beginning amazingly, they had to come and cut through it. i couldn't believe my mother still remembered them at all. it was such a long time ago. yeonjun was son of one of the most popular business women there was in cosmetics. his mom owned a luxury brand which was worn by many. this included my mom. his mom and my mom met at a launch party and never separated since. soobin's mom worked in media. his mom and my mom had met occasionally since they had gone to school together before her parents decided to move away for a bit. jeongin's mom ran a boutique business. my mom's favourite clothes came from that boutique. since she was a regular at her boutique, they got to see each other often and eventually became friends. however, changbin's mom was more on the simpler side, well, at least back then. his parents got together at a young age and grew a business together in the food field. they opened up a restaurant that was loved by many. my parents were partially responsible for their business to ascend. both of my parents donated money to their restaurant to help it grow and thrive as a fancy restaurant. i myself got to go once, and it was one of the most delicious foods i have eaten to date. taehyun's mom, on the other hand, was just like my father. she was a gold spoon know-it-all. at first, my mother didn't like her much, but then she began to see that she wasn't as bad as she appeared to be. my mom had a habit to see the good in people no matter how crappy they were. mrs. kang, out of the friend group, was the one that was always traveling and always missing school. wasting money was her hobby and there was no stopping her.

"you boys and beomgyu have grown so much. i'm so proud." my mother said as she looked from one of the guys to the next.

taehyun turned to face me with a pout. i rolled my eyes at him from the doorway of the living room. when my mother turned to look at me, i saw that yeonjun had taken out his phone and had begun to take pictures of my baby pictures around the room.

soyeon stood beside me and smiled. she looked so pretty with her hair down. it made her eyes stand out even more. even if it was impossible, her face changed looking even more beautiful. my eyes made her purse her lips sheepishly and look away.

"aww look at them!" taehyun exclaimed clasping his hands together.

everyone in the living room turned to look at us. my face became a bit hot as everyone's eyes landed on soyeon and me, but in a good way. i tried to shrug it off by holding soyeon's hand in mine. even if she tried to hide it with the curtain of her hair, i could see her small, fluttered smile.

"honestly, you all need to get casted to film a movie or something." taehyun said moving his eyebrows up and down.

"i agree. they look so lovely together." my mother remarked while looking at us with warm, loving eyes.

well, to be honest, having the attention was never my desire, but with soyeon beside me, it was difficult not to like it. although it was only my friends and my mother sitting and looking at us from the living room, it was enough for me.

my mother and soyeon had gone out to buy some things for a cookout we were having with the guys. i was still irritated at the fact that they had landed out of the blue, but was lowkey glad they had come. in all honesty, i actually needed help with something. something that i had been planning on doing for a long time.

we all sat on mom's backyard. she had a set of comfortable outdoor chairs that surrounded a bonfire in the back. her backyard was also where the endless forest began. the tall trees feeling so nostalgic to me. i had the bursting urge to get up and run through the maze of trees. to go and find soyeon and clasp our hands together and run through all of the forest. filling my nostrils with the wonderful nature air while looking back at soyeon's hair glowing with the streaks of sunlight. her captivating eyes staring into mine as we run by each other. even though that sounded fantastic, i knew there was something to be done. instead, i looked away from the trees and faced the guys.