1

It wasn't their fault that they have been there at that exact moment. Nor was it the school's fault for sending almost all their students to support the school's sports teams, but instead, ended up dead in the most horrifying way at the fields of YG University. It certainly was not the fault of the few students who managed to survive the unfathomable cannibalism that left the young audiences in shock and sheer panic, freezing them right where they were seated until snapping back to reality when it was too late and was their turn to die.

The baseball game was delayed for a few minutes that day. Something about the JYP University's captain of the Women's Baseball Team getting in a fight with the captain of YGU's, just an hour before the game begins. Both universities decided that the two involved players would have to sit down throughout the whole game. Clearly, the players and audiences did not accept the decision well, as the two were the best in their respective groups.

The captain of the JYPU was seen storming off and out of the university ground, cursing. Despite the issue, the event proceeded as planned. Both schools' cheerleading teams performed well-executed routines to officially open the ceremony, which was well received and had gotten the morale of the crowd up again.

A bright smile here and there, in addition to the way she carried herself, the head of the cheerleading team caught the attention of the students, even that of the opposite university. Nayeon led her members toward the exit, the same way the angry captain had walked off earlier. Once they were out of the field, she pulled Mina to the side.

"What the hell was that?" She asked sharply, making sure that only the two of them could hear. "You almost ruin a good performance! Where's your head at?"

Mina gave no excuses for her unnoticeable, yet definitely flawed execution. Only their team captain seems to notice that she's out of her element.

"Was it because of her? Again?" Nayeon narrowed her eyes on her naturally quiet friend, demanding some answers. Just one answer would suffice.

The other remained silent.

With the silence, Nayeon confirmed her suspicions, she knows her friend too well. "I can't believe this! I thought the two of you were over. I guess not." Nayeon was disappointed by how weak her friend could get when it comes to that person. One sight of Mina's ex was enough to distract her.

"Hey, everything alright here?" Sana places both her arms around the two ladies but the oldest girl immediately shrugs it away. "What? Don't tell me you're talking about me before I interrupt your suspicious private convo?"

"Not everything revolves around you, Princess." The sarcasm was evident in Nayeon's tone, but Sana paid no mind to it as she had gotten used to the callous personality of the former. "Go ask your friend over there what's wrong. Oh wait, she probably won't answer you because her mouth seems to be sewed shut."

The captain left their circle with a huff, leaving Sana to wonder what had gone down before she cut in. Mina rolled her eyes in Nayeon's direction. She doesn't understand why her friend-slash-roommate loves exaggerating things.

"So... are you going to tell me what's going on?" Sana tried testing the waters.

"Sana, don't." Mina gave her a stern look, "Just don't."

"OK, OK." The frightened lady took a step back. "I get it. Calm down."

"Why are you even bothering me? What do you want?" Sana isn't used to her friend's ill-temper as Mina was supposed to be the level-headed between the three of them, despite being the youngest. Her earlier conversation with Nayeon really took a toll on her.