6

In the silence of the surrounding, a low rumbling noise could be heard. Momo hasn't eaten anything since this morning and the sound that her stomach's making is evidence of it. It was five in the afternoon, the signal earlier was gone, and the running and all the chaos has stopped.

The sudden serenity was fragile and both Dahyun and Momo knew it could break at any moment.

"Shouldn't there be an investigation by now?" The fair-skinned girl was observing the ground from her seat on the top floor, where Momo and she agreed to wait for their friends. "Something like this happening at an elite school deserves to be at the headline of every news station."

"Hmmm... that's true. But we also need to consider that YG University is very influential." Momo sat down on the floor, clutching her stomach. "If this supposedly 'friendly competition, turned violent' gets out, it could ruin their reputation."

"So, you're suggesting that YGU's covering things up?" Dahyun turned around to look down at the older girl. She gestured to the bloody grass and pavement below the building, "That they're paying the media to turn a blind eye on this?"

"Sure. But they could only do so much. Sooner or later, the truth will come out." Another grumbling from Momo's stomach. "Plus, it didn't help that the communication lines were down."

With nothing else to say, Dahyun tried starting another conversation, "Do you want to check the cafeteria? I'm starting to get hungry."

Momo became embarrassed for some reason. Even though Dahyun said it for herself, Momo could tell Dahyun only said it so Momo wouldn't have to. Her shameless stomach was to blame for making sure that her companion had heard its demand and needs, "That... would be a great idea."

She was grateful for Dahyun's huge consideration and effort to make her feel comfortable around her. After being around the extreme personalities of her two best friends for so long, it was nice to be with someone who's just in between.

Dahyun stops walking once they reached the ground, her face was a shade of pink, "I don't actually know where—"

Momo quickly understood what she was trying to say, "Oh, don't worry. I know where it is. Just stay close to me, though." She looked back and grinned at Dahyun, "The university's pretty huge, in fact, I got lost here a couple of times before."

Dahyun started blushing after Momo looked away. The girl leading the way looks so shy and awkward on the outside, the type of person that others would walk away from, afraid to be associated with such a sorry personality. But all Dahyun could see in front of her is a friendly, down-to-earth, and pretty cool human being.

She walks beside her, holding on to the hem of Momo's bag for reassurance.

*********

Jeongyeon's legs felt like jelly once they managed to outrun their pursuers.

"Chae, let's rest here for a while." She tried catching her breath, holding on to a tree, "I-I can't run anymore."

"Sure. I think we lost them anyway." Chaeyoung was thrilled more than anything. Everything at her age seems exciting. She felt like the main character from some violent and gory movie. "Wow... I haven't run that fast for a long time. It's pretty fun!"

"I'm glad you're having fun, while I feel like dying here." Jeongyeon had to sit down due to fatigue. Her body was made for throwing baseballs, not for running after it. If not for her long legs, she wouldn't be able to keep up with Chaeyoung. "Your sister didn't call the number I gave her, and now that our phones are pretty much useless, I had no idea where to look for next."