Chapter 17

Aaaahhhh It's at chapter 17 already?! That's seriously insane! PLEASE leave your Kik in the comments so I can start a writing group with my Wattpad groupies. And I would love it if you could go read Tumblr Queens by doublebacondonuts it's my favourite book and I love it.

Two years later

I sat at my desk and typed away on my laptop. I was almost done my second book. Ever since I have left L.A I have been writing about my life, but in a funny way.

My first book was called A Lost Child and the one I am working on now is called The City Of Memories. I was interrupted by a Skype call.

I pressed answer cause why not, and Ari popped up. "Hey! Jess! It's been so long!" She smiled. "Yeah" I smiled back. "How's the book coming?" He asked. "I'm almost done. There's just one thing..." I started to trail off.

"What?" A smirk grew across her face. "I need to come back to L.A to finish the book" I smiled. "OH MY GOD REALLY?" She squealed. "Wait. What about Jack you two haven't talked for two years" She said. "I know" I sighed.

"I'll find a way to deal with him" I sighed. "I'm taking a plane tomorrow at 6 a.m" I said. "I can't wait!" She squealed. "Me too. Bye" I smiled and hung up.

I can't believe I'm actually doing this.

They next day I stood in my old bedroom. It was pretty much empty, just a bookshelf, my bed and the dresser. I took a big breath in then out. It doesn't feel right. Not at all.

I looked over at the broken board that still lied in the exact same spot in the corner, a thick layer of dust sat on top of it.

"Ari" I called. "Yeah" She walked into the room behind me. "What would you say if I asked to go surfing with you?" I asked. "I'd say hell yeah" She smiled.

I smiled back and immediately changed into my wet suit that I brought just in case. It was around 8:00 in the evening and it was just getting dark.

~~~

I stood on the empty beach beside Ari. My toes curled deep into the wet sand. Everything from this reminded me of the night two years ago.

"You ready?" Ari looked at me. I nodded and ran towards the water. I dove onto my board and paddled further into the dark water. Once the time came I stood up and felt the wind in my hair.

It was the best feeling there was. "Jess the waves are getting big!" Ari shouted. "We should go back!" She added. I nodded, knowing what was going to happen if I didn't

Later the next day I sat in the living room, typing away on my laptop. I had a couple chapters left of my book and I don't know why but I just couldn't finish it.

There was a knock at the door and Ari immediately ran to open it. I heard Bri's voice and I looked over my shoulder at her. "Jess!" She smiled and I got up to hug her. "You didn't tell me you were back" She smiled.

She then stepped back and I looked over her shoulder at the door. Jack stood there with his arm around a short brunette girl's waist and his hand held her ass.

He was smiling and talking to her and Ari until he looked up at me. His smile immediately faded. I just stood there. An awkward silence fell upon the room.

"Is that Taylor?" The girl looked up at Jack. "No" He said. "Its Jess" He said my name with disgust.

Hey my lovely people. I need 7 votes before I can update the next chapter! Love yah.