0.6

Karl leaves the discord call before finishing the stream, it was around 4am now so I laid my head on his shoulder as he talked to his chat. My eyes close and before I knew it, i fell asleep on his shoulder while he was on stream.

I wake up to someone playing with my hair and i shuffle my body into theirs for warmth since it's a bit cold in the room. The person chuckles but lets me into their body for warmth. I lay my arm around their waist and pull us close together.

"Claire, wake up so we can go get food and your car" Karl pokes my side and I groan

"No, go back to bed" i mumble in his chest

"It's 6pm, you need to wake up" he says and i shoot up

"What?!" i yell with wide eyes

my eyes meet karls and his are crinkled at the corners in laughter.

"It isn't 6pm is it?" i say threateningly

"it's noon" he smiles

"You ass" i gasp i playfully punch him

"I just wanted to wake you up, C" he laughs

"By saying that it's later than it is" i glare before moving from him

Karl chuckles as I go into his closet and start rummaging through his clothing for something comfortable to wear. I grab one of his plain MrBeast hoodies and find a pair of pants that would look cute with the hoodie as well as a belt to keep the pants up.

i quickly change into Karls clothing before presenting myself to the brunette boy. he smiles and stands himself up and walks towards me before hitting my forehead then walking out of his room.

we each put on our shoes and go out to his car to go to get food since each of us are starving. while he drives i play a random station on the radio and a familiar song happens to be playing, Fool's Gold by One Direction.

I hum lightly to the familiar song while swaying my body lightly.

flashback

Karl grabs his guitar he always messes around and looks at the girl that is only a few months younger before playing a tune he had learned through a close friend of his. the tune ran through Claire's ears loudly as she has her head on Karl's shoulder.

"I'm falling for you, fool's gold" karl sings softly when he finishes the song.

"that was wonderful, K" Claire compliments and he smiles before humming as a "you're welcome"

"what would you tell the person that you like a lot but dont want to admit it?" Karl asks his best friend

"just say it straight up, maybe sing a love song of a sort" she suggests

"that was a love song...i really like you C" he confessed and that was the last thing she heard from the boy for years.

the last time karl saw the girl was freshman year of high school. he occasionally found himself in his notes app or in a composition book writing about how much he loves her over the years. he never ever got over her, he never tried because his heart was longing for the love and affection from the girl he loves.

claire had somewhat of the same reaction as karl, always wrote about him. she started writing a friends to long lost best friends to lovers book but stopped half way due to not seeing him and maturing, realizing she shouldnt act the way she is for a boy.

flashback over.

"hey karl?" i say over the hum of niall's voice.

"yeah?" he replies

"do you remember what you said to me before you disappeared in the summer of freshman year?" i ask

"uhm no" he says as he bites his nail lightly.

"karl" i say sternly to the slightly older male

"fine, i do i was hoping you didnt" he sighs as we stop at a stop light

"how could i forget? fool's gold was a song you always played to soothe me during and after attacks then you learned it on guitar to tell me you liked me" i explain and he smiles lightly

"lets forget about it for a bit? yeah?" he offers and i nod