Chapter 5: the mall

Matts pov
"Will you be my girlfriend?" I ask Emily looking down slightly afraid of rejection. There's a short pause my heading thinking of only the worst outcomes. Until I feel a soft warm pair of lips on mine. I instantly start kissing back. I felt the butterflies and the fireworks and all that other cliché stuff as we kissed. We pulled away all to soon needing oxygen. "So I take that as a yes?" I ask slightly laughing Emily blushes and intertwines our hands saying " of course I will!"
( this is when Abbie and Jack went there separate ways)

Abbie's pov. "Hey let's let Matthew and Emily be alone to walk for a little bit." I whisper into Jacks ear. We start heading the other direction of them saying "we'll be back soon" not missing the smirk Emily gave us. As we were walking I started rubbing my hand on Jacks hoping he'd get the sign that I wanted to hold his hand... he didn't. I rubbed my hand against his for a second time still nothing. I sighed slightly and rolled my eyes taking his hand in mind. I saw him blush a little and it was the cutest thing I've ever seen it now being my favorite memory. And my most replayed one too. He holds my hand back squeezing it a little. After walking around a little I hear Jacks phone off, he ignores it. " you should probably answer that it could be an emergency." He nods and and takes his phone out of his pocket "Amanda texted me." He says with a neutral face "oh" I say my voice breaking a little he grabs my hand saying " Abbie she doesn't mean anything to me, this right now means the world to me." I smile a little but then I think a little blurting out " I don't want to be your rebound." I let go off Jacks hand " We should go look for my brother and Emily." I say quietly " Abbie you're not going to be my rebound I promise you that I don't love Amanda I don't get nervous around her or butterflies when she holds my hand like I do with you I'll do anything to prove this to you baby girl." Jack says I blush a little okay more like a lot not trusting my voice to respond. After walking around in an awkward silence we spot Matt and Emily holding hands and blushing. We run up them. I look at there hands and smirk a little mouthing to Emily "spill" she mouths back "at home" Jack coughs a little and says " So I take it you got the balls to ask her out?" Matt blushed a little and kissed Emily on the cheek nodding his head. I look at Matthew saying " break her heart I'll cut your dick off." With a stern voice Then looking at Emily saying " break his heart I'll probably just break your arm or something." They both laugh for a little until Matt sees my face "shit I think she's being serious." " we should get going" Jack says we all nod I walk with Emily and the boys walk together "so you and Jack?" Emily questions. "I'll tell you once we get home and after you and Shyann spill." Emily simply nods and we head towards our car Matthew heading towards his.