Chapter 1-𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗱𝗮𝗶𝘀𝘆 𝗺𝗮𝗿𝘁🌸

May 19th, 2002
5:27pm
Y/n's pov:

I finally finished cleaning the temple and was heading into the house, "Mother, father im home," i say as i set my keys in the key bowl and flop down on the couch. "Y/n go get some groceries for dinner today." Mom says as she hands me a list. I groan in pain as i get off the couch "where you want me to go?" I ask looking around to see Meilin staring at me, it looked like she felt bad, i brushed it off and looked at mom waiting for her response "go to the daisy mart" mom replied while handing me some cash "Can i go mom?" Mei mei asked "Absolutely not your to precious" mom said cupping Meilin's cheeks "Ming maybe treat are daughters a little more equally" dad whispered to mom "No its fine, go on and have fun without me and we'll see if i even make it back tonight lets hope i don't" i say almost crying. I exit the house slamming the door i can hear mom screaming at me from inside the house but it didn't focus on it. I don't understand why my mother cared more about mei mei than me all these years, i did everything right what is wrong with me? I walked to the daisy mart and start to cry. I sat on the curb and put my head in my knees and wrapped my arms around my legs. I basically just curled into a little ball. I heard footsteps from beside me "hey, you good?" Someone asks. I look up to see a guy with a blue shirt and bucket hat with a name tag that says "Devon" on it. The person looked very tired and had eye bags he rested his hand on my shoulder "Are you ok?" He asked "Yeah" i reply and fake a smile "R u sure because you don't look like it?" They asked "Mhm totally" i replied and got up. I entered the daisy mart and Devon followed me, i assumed they worked there. I walked to the shelves and grabbed all the things that were on the list while they walked over to the register. I put my things down at the checkout "Just these?" They asked "Yeah, hey not to be weird but i think i recognize you" i say scanning his features "yeah we dont have many classes together but were in algebra class together." They replied scanning the objects "your very observant" i say they look up making eye contact with me "thanks i guess" they says looking back down at the register "I know we just met but do you wanna be friends, sense we go to the same school i figure it would be better to get to know each other" i say. They looked up and raised there  eye brow "really?" They asked "Sure im Y/n i go by She/her" i say holding out my hand signaling for Them to shake it. "Devon, He/him" he replied shaking my hand confusedly  "nice to meet you Dev" i say greeting him "Please don't call me that" he says with a straight face "It'll grow on you" i say opening my wallet to grab out some cash "$37.39" ($29 US dollars) he says "here you go" i say handing him the money he hands me the bags and 2 coupons "Um dev thats 2 coupons" i say handing him one back "Your my friend, ill throw in an extra one" Devon says sliding the coupon back to me across the counter "Aww thanks dev" i reply. I walk around to were he's standing "Um Y/n your not really supposed to be bac-" before he could finish what he was saying I dropped my things and wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged him, he hesitated and was about to say something but went with it and gave in, he wrapped his arms around around my waist as i rested my head on his shoulder and relaxed "Thank you" i said about to cry again "For what?" Devon asks "Just thanks" i reply and smile.

A/n: hey babes SO i know that last part got a little lovey dovey or whatever but the song "thank you next"started playing and i just got in that mood but i hope you liked this chapter ill make at least one other one today sense this one was so short. Go drink and/or eat something darling you deserve it.

769 words bye babes
-Kionna