56| End Of An Era

Deep underground, the fat man, the Prime Minister of the Empire, Honest, could be seen running down a secret underground hallway. He had just witnessed everything. The fall of Shikoutazer and the fall of the Empire's Strongest.

Esdeath.

Honest: (huffing and puffing) "I can't believe even General Esdeath would succumb like that. I'll escape here through the hidden passageway." (chuckles evilly) "Nobody can put me on trial."

Coming toward the end of the wall, Honest stopped in front of it

Coming toward the end of the wall, Honest stopped in front of it. The fat man then put his hand on a false panel, the stone walls beginning to make a grinding noise as they began to shift. However...

This was a wickedness that which even heaven could not punish. It would all be settled in the shadows.

Unknown to the fat man, there was an oozing feeling directed toward him. This feeling leaked of killing intent, a murderous aura that desired to end the man's life. As soon as the false wall opened, Honest heard a rumbling noise above him along with the drowned out sounds of yelling and roars, the fat man dashing down the hallway as fast as he could/

Honest: "Hmm. Sounds like the Rebel Army's soldiers have stormed in. It's too late!" (grits teeth) "But god damn it...! If I just had Shambala, I'd be able to escape easily! But it had to be taken by Night Raid! I should've never left it in the care of an idiot...!"

Not even an inch through the opened false wall, Honest felt the oozing feeling and turned his head around. He soon grunted in pain, coughing up blood as he was jolted forward, someone having kicked him so hard in the back.

The leg that kicked him was that of a lion's. The fat man screamed and cried as skidded and tumbled across the floor, leaving dust behind. He couldn't get up, his muscles having locked in place due to fear, his eyes displaying the same emotion as he gazed up at the figure that attacked him. It was a familiar one.

It was Leone, whose entire body was that of a lion's.

Honest: (shocked) "Wha...!? Y-You...!?"

The blonde only stared at him, anger and fury in her eyes

The blonde only stared at him, anger and fury in her eyes. However, she was internally delighted to see the fat man flat on his back, cowering in fear as he stared up at her.