1 - Escape!

Chapter 1

"207 get back into your cell right now or so help me god I will drag you back to it by your hair!" The head scientist Dimitri yelled through the loudspeaker, clearly angry that 'his' experiment was acting up, yet again. Last week during her usual four am combat training she used her powers without permission, this week? She was attempting to escape.

"Well shit guess I've been caught," Alyna thought out loud with a laugh as she quickened her pace down the corridor. She wasn't exactly sure this was the way out of Xenon Corp. aka the company that had been using her as a lab rat for the past sixteen years. But every day after Dimitri brought her her dinner he'd walk this way, and unless he was living here; which wasn't too improbable now that Alyna thought of it, this had to be the way out.

"The cameras must have heat sensors in them, good thing I didn't stop for my suit and daggers, there wouldn't have been enough time," Alyna continued running down the corridor stopping as she pressed her back up against a wall to peak around a corner, a few pieces of her long curly blonde hair fell in front of her light green eyes but she ignored them the best she could.

"207 you cannot escape! This is your last warning!" Dimitri yelled angrily once again, this time however Alyna could make out the sounds of multiple men gearing up in the background of his announcement, actually, she could hear a lot more than that as it appeared Dimitri forgot to turn off the microphone for the loudspeakers spread throughout the underground facility.

"Guess it's now or never," She thought while gritting her teeth and forcing herself to run around the corner, where she suspected multiple guards to be waiting for her all armed with Xenon Corp. tasers and handguns. Instead, she found no one and no door. "Shit, but he always walks this way after giving me my meals!" She exclaimed angrily as her invisibility deactivated.

"This is Guard 113, target 207 is outside the door, should my unit engage?" Alyn heard a voice ring out throughout the facility, however this voice cut in and out with a bit of static in the background, "He's probably talking to Dimitri through a pair of comms," Alyna thought.

"Proceed with caution and don't aim for her head, we need her alive," As soon as Dimitri finished his sentence the wall directly in front of her started shaking, eventually splitting down the middle revealing a secret passage. Oh, and multiple Xenon Corp. grunts wearing high-tech masks armed with a variety of guns...

"Hola!" Alyna said before turning herself invisible again. Shots rang out left and right as multiple bullets bounced off the metal-lined walls. Alyna was quick to fly up above the cluster of bullets only to find one of the grunts throwing a smoke grenade into the thicket. "Guess that explains the masks..." Alyna thought as she took a deep breath and floated through the thick green smoke towards the now-closing wall.

"Adios, boys!" She yelled with a laugh as she landed behind them right before the wall slammed shut separating Alyna from Xenon's grunts.

"Now let's see what's behind door number one!" Alyna said excitedly as she turned to face the hallway lined with doors. "Nevermind..." She muttered as she sped off towards an emergency exit sign flickering at the end of the hallway.

"Hello there, 207," Alyna heard an all too familiar voice ring out from behind her. Dimitri. And he did not sound happy. He never does, but something must REALLY be bugging him today...

"I was wondering when you were gonna show up, Dim-wit," Alyna said as she turned to face the angry...well...dimwit. His normally slicked-back gray hair was a bit ruffled while a few new creases above his eyebrows really showed his age. Normally he wouldn't appear too threatening, but the rather large ray gun in his hands was definitely intimidating, to say the least.