Episode 3 part 1

I was woken up by the sunbeams shining through the window and at first it took me a moment to realize where I was. But as I looked into the face of the most beautiful boy in the world, who was lying right next to me, I remembered what happened yesterday.

Our feet were intertwined and Simon had an arm wrapped around my waist. With each of his steady breaths, his chest rose and fell again. It looked so peaceful. I admired him for a while, trying not to wake him as I brushed some of his curls away from his forehead to take in every detail of his face.

His long, thick lashes of his closed eyelids, his scar next to his upper lip, which I wondered where he got it from, his dark curls, his skin that shimmered golden in the sun.

I accidentally brushed his cheek with the back of my hand while brushing some curls out of his face. Well, who am I kidding here? It was no accident. I wanted to touch him, I wanted to hug him and have him all to myself.
His touch was almost addictive and I craved it.  I longed for the feeling I get every time our skin touches, when my whole body tingles and my body is fully energized by that touch, however brief it may be. His touch had a similar effect on me as when you charge your cell phone. Unromantic comparison, I know, but it really was like that. He charged me, he gave me strength and energy and an indescribable feeling of security, love and acceptance.

I wanted to shower him with kisses and lie there forever but knew that reality would catch up with us at some point. I had to clarify a few things first. So I carefully tried to detach myself from him, first taking his arm from my waist and gently placing it next to him, and then carefully pulling my foot from his feet, which were wrapped around my foot. Surprisingly, he continued to sleep like a log even when I straightened up and got off his bed.

I needed a breath of fresh air and had to check my cell phone to see if my parents had already set a killer on me.

Before I left Simon's room, I grabbed a blue hoodie from a hanger in his closet and pulled it over my t-shirt. I also left on the sweatpants that Simon gave me last night.

In the hallway I met Isak, who had just got himself a coffee from the kitchen and who was on the way  back to his position in the hallway.

"Good morning Isak. I hope you got to sleep yesterday"I greeted him kindly.

He greeted back and replied, "Yes, don't worry. I took turns with Malin on the shift, just like we did in Hillerska. So we could both sleep alternately"

"That pleases me," I answered while putting on my coat and slipping on my shoes.

"The queen asked us about you yesterday. We told her that you are fine and that you will spend a few days at Simon's. She wasn't thrilled, but she's fine with it. Therefore we promised you will call her back later in the day. It doesn't have to be now but just so you know," he added.

"Thank you," I responded and with that I slipped out into the cold.

I turned on my phone and immediately my missed messages started popping up. I've been tagged in thousands of posts and mentioned in discussions on twitter. I didn't want to deal with it right now, so I uninstalled Instagram, Twitter and Facebook to avoid the temptation to read any hate comments. I could reinstall the apps at any time and access my old account, but I wanted to live a few days without the opinions of others.

Five missed calls from mom and two from dad. Looks like I'm in trouble.

I noticed that dad had texted me.

It was the right decision. It's okay.

Wait. What? Did that mean he didn't have anything against me and Simon and that he accepted it? I had to talk to him because now there was this slight chance of not being yelled at and judged. I had to call him back. As I waited for him to answer the call, I hoped so badly that I had interpreted the message correctly and that he wasn't mad at me.