18

art by umeuum on Twitter
smut warning later on in this chapter!

°

childe noticed that you couldn't look at him directly and instead had pinned your eyes to the floor. "so, what do you say?" he asked.

you hadn't noticed that you'd been squeezing his hand the entire time as you stood there in embarrassment. what he said made you a flustered mess, you hated that you could lose your usual demeanor just like that.

"...fine." you mumble inaudibly.

"hm? what was that?" he leans closer to you.

"i said fine." you repeat. "i'll give you a chance..."

"...really?" his eyes widened. "are you... are you sure?"

"don't make me repeat myself, prince." you glared at him. when you looked back at childe, the tips of his ears had surprisingly turned red.

even though he was the one that asked, he was still very much surprised. he thought it would take you more persuading to finally let him in, but now that you finally allowed him, he was ecstatic.

"o-oh." he stuttered. "i-i, uhm..."

"what are you stammering for? weren't you the one who asked?" you knit your brows.

"sorry, it's just..." he covers his cheeks with the back of his hand. "i didn't expect you to actually say yes."

"then why bother asking?" you sighed but in the end, you couldn't help but to laugh softly. "well, truth be told i can't believe myself either."

childe quickly regains his composure and stares at you. it had been the first time he had been this close to you in days and now that you were back again, you had this puzzled expression on your face as if you didn't know what was going on.

he found it adorable.

"hey." he places his hand back to your cheeks and lifts it up to face him. "...may i?"

you saw the way his eyes look down to your lips, indicating that he was leaning in for a kiss. the tips of your fingers went cold but surely, you nodded to his request.

slowly, childe leans in towards you while you both closed your eyes. he was anxious, it was the first time he's made a move on someone after all.

you felt his soft lips brushing on yours, though you weren't as nervous since this technically wasn't your first kiss with him.

"tartaglia?" a voice nearby calls out.

you two jumped and pulled away from each other as soon as you heard the voice. a woman emerges from the hallways, it was ningguang.

"what now?" childe groans.

"was i interrupting something?" she smirks and folded her arms on her chest. "my apologies then."

"lady ningguang." you bowed slightly. "it's a pleasure to meet you."

"why it's nice to finally be meeting you too, [Y/N]." she giggles. "tartaglia has told me all about you."

"he- what?"

"what are you even doing here? did you need something?" asked childe.

"i was just going to inform you that i'll be leaving. beidou told me i'm needed back at liyue." ningguang responds while looking at her expensive looking watch.

"beidou...?" the name was unfamiliar to you.

"my guard, and my lover."

your eyes widened at her words. "w-wait, lover? guard?"