𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄

❝ 𝓁𝑒𝓉'𝓈 𝑔𝑒𝓉 𝒻𝒶𝓈𝓉 ❞

🌃

Monotone humming filled the air. More egg shaped drones surrounded Sonic, at least one more drifting into view per second. (Y/n) gulped as more and more appeared, her (e/c) eyes glinting with panic as she noticed Sonic trembling at the edge of the roof.

"Okay, did someone leave their 'Find my Phone' on?" Sonic questioned to add some humour to the otherwise dangerous situation as the flaming red lasers prepared to fire from within the machines.

He stumbled back in which ever direction he could to avoid them. They followed him like oversized bees that wouldn't leave him alone as they buzzed beside, in front of, and behind him.

Sonic gave an unsettled squeak as the heel of his shoe slipped down the cliff of the building, the little hedgehog just managing to lift it back up in time before he slid into the ocean of buildings and roads creating the city completely.

Tom kept a hand to Maddie's tense shoulder as he could feel her breath rising them up and down. They were fast. He kept his other hand within (Y/n)'s as the three of them trembled in intimidation from the menacing machinery that blocked out any glints of gold and crimson from the sunset.

The family spun back round as a rumble snapped between the gentle breezes in the air, like something else was about to approach.

And it did.

Sonic gasped as he noticed the menacing airship that sailed above the building, appearing as a simple dot in the depths of the sky but quickly becoming a hovering mode of transport. The machine came to a halt as it reached the edge of the roof, flames bursting from within to keep it afloat.

Sonic squinted to try and make out the figure visible within the seat coated with a thick pane of glass, although the what seemed like millions of drones already gave away who was inside.

The glass slid into the rest of the machine to reveal a smirking Robotnik operating it from within.

"Welcome to San Francisco, Mr. Wachowski. Are you enjoying the clam chowder?" His smirk grew.

"It's the government wack job who keeps trying to kill us, unsuccessfully." Tom chuckled as he prodded at Robotnik with a finger of mockery.

"Nice of you to swing by on your way to Comic-Con." He continued with a laugh that made Robotnik's eyes squint and flicker with anger.

"Yeah, what are you wearing?" (Y/n) chirped in.

Robotnik looked down to himself, noticing nothing wrong with the suit that stretched around his body with a deep shade of red, in his opinion anyway.

"It's a flight suit. Designed to modulate my body temperature and reduce drag." He explained no longer with patience and through gritted teeth.

"Yeah, and yet you're still are one." Tom added.

"Good one, you are catching fire, Thomas." Robotnik chuckled with sarcasm, until he noticed Maddie.

"Oh, and speaking of heat, I see you've taken a lover. Does she have a name, or should we just call her 'collateral damage'?" He gave a sinister laugh that turned Tom's scornful smirk into an offended frown.

"Hey, watch your mouth!"

"Oh, and what about your little girl? Shouldn't you be in school?" Robotnik continued with a devilish grin.

(Y/n) gave a sarcastic laugh back, angrily crossing her arms but deep down knowing that's exactly where she was supposed to have been the last couple of days.