Just in time

(Info: Percy is 16 in this)

It was their anniversary in two days. Percy knew that. He didn't forget. Nope nope nope. He definitely didn't remember just today, only to panic and realize he didn't have anything planned.

Yep. Percy was not like that. He was totally prepared. He was so sure of himself and he knew that Annabeth would love his anniversary date.

 The one he was currently throwing together.

 The one that had been planned about thirty minutes ago in his apartment.

He was so great at this boyfriend thing.

Percy sighed and wondered how he could pull this off. Maybe he could ask some of his friends for advice. He had come home early, because the school he was going to required some kind of early enrollment. He had just decided to stay with his mother, so while he was home, there were still many campers left at camp.

Percy wished he could just IM them, but IMs hadn't been working since Zeus had closed off Olympus. Apparently Iris also wasn't allowed to do her job anymore. The job that Zeus had given her. It really made a lot of sense didn't it?

He got up from the coach he was seated on, and quickly scrawled a note for his mother, telling her that he was going to meet some friends and of course not to worry. He knew she was going to worry anyway. It was her role as a mother.

As of right now, Sally Jackson was out grocery shopping. It would come as a surprise to her that Percy had left the safe apartment to go visit his friends, but she wouldn't be absolutely flabbergasted, after all she raised the son of Poseidon herself, and that came with plenty of surprises.

Percy felt assured that his mother would be ok, and headed out the door to the one and only Camp Half-Blood.

The street was bustling with evening traffic. Percy frowned, only now realizing that he didn't really have a way to get to Camp Half-Blood. He stared at the cars whizzing by before having an idea. Once, after escaping a deadly dodgeball match with Canadians, Annabeth had used the Gray Sisters cab to get to camp, and it had taken them only a few minutes.

Of course there had been lots of nausea, screaming, and racing at deathly speeds, but Percy was willing to go through that again if it meant that Annabeth and him could enjoy a nice date for their anniversary.

He pulled a gold drachma from his pocket, and uttered the words to summon the chariot of damnation before dropping the coin and watching it sink into the pavement. A screeching noise. And a taxi summoned from thin air.

Percy nervously shuffled a bit, before a scratchy voice from inside the taxi called, "What are you doing, boy? Get in. Come on, we don't have all day," One of the gray sisters.

Percy obeyed just because he had paid for the taxi, and he didn't want to be left behind by it just because he had been too slow to board it. He opened the door, and crawled into the foul smelling car.

Bad memories started to take shape. He remembered Tyson throwing up in Annabeth's backpack, threatening the gray sisters with the slimy green eyeball, and going at neck breaking speeds. Percy felt a little dizzy just thinking about it. "Camp Half-Blood, please," Percy had even tossed in a please. It was sending several messages at once. Please don't kill me. Please don't be like before. Please don't remember the time that I threatened information out of you. Please don't ask for a tip. All were reasonable requests. He just hoped they would follow through on them.

He hoped this time would be different. A cackle from the front seats said otherwise. "Now, buckle in dear!" A gray sister screeched.

And they were off. This was not a good idea. This was a horrible idea. Worse than Nico's plan to dive into the Syx. Percy thought queasily. He couldn't see anything outside his window but blurs of color. The sister who was driving let out a bleating scream of joy as she made a dangerous swerve that Percy could have sworn would have killed them.