015,

EPISODE EIGHTthe mind flayer

EPISODE EIGHT
the mind flayer.

HOPPER AND mike went to the shed in the back yard, and began clearing it out whilst the others helped make it unrecognisable for will. nova's leg bounced up and down nervously, biting at the skin around her nails as she looked out of the window every few seconds.

she then carefully tapped max's shoulder, "hey...what's wrong?" max whispered with a frown, noticing the fear in nova's eyes.

"...it's just...surely your mom and and my dad are back by now. they would've sent billy out to look for us. if he finds us here..." she trailed off, max's face fell. "shit." she whispered shakily.

"we're gonna be okay. he won't find us. and even if he does, well...what's the worst that could happen?" max tried to reassure both of them.

nova shook her head slowly, a distant look in her eye as she looked over at lucas. "he's my dad's son, max. you have no idea."

max bit her lip in a worry, but nova noticed steve was looking over, worried about the two girls who seemed to be talking about something upsetting, so she put on a smile, nodding at her sister reassuringly before going back to help.

meanwhile, dustin, who had a few tears down his cheeks, was confessing to lucas about how if he was going to be replaced with max and 'your girlfriend' meaning nova, he was fine with it and how he could feel the electricity between them. if nova was there she would've laughed way too much.

max and nova went to help mike and lucas in the kitchen to find anything that could help with the plan, when max spoke up, "i get why el was your mage now."

lucas glanced at them awkwardly and mike turned to her in shock, "what?" he snapped.

"lucas told us about her." nova spoke up softly, lucas smiled awkwardly at mike.

"yeah? well, he shouldn't have." mike snapped harshly and lucas winced, "ouch." he muttered.

"and just because you know the truth, doesn't mean you're in our party. you do know that, right?" mike snapped as lucas pulled a face, "mike, c'mon."

"yeah...we know." max nodded.

nova suddenly kicked mikes ankle, causing the boy to yelp in shock and pain, as lucas widened his eyes, a snort escaping his lips, as mike snapped his head in her direction, "hey! what was that for?!"

nova realised what she had done and sent him an awkward guilty smile, "sorry...you were just really pissing me off." 

"you really are like billy, jesus." mike scoffed and nova's face fell slightly as she frowned, her heart dropped hearing those words.