Chapter 8

Clemonts p.o.v

"Well this is a surprise! I suppose I could help you. What do you need?" He asked looking relaxed. We explained what was going on. Well most of it. We left out any parts of team rocket. He raised one eyebrow looking sort of confused. "Hm... well I wasn't permitted to knowing that kind of knowledge back then but I do know that team flare had connections with a different organization. I would assume it was team rocket though." He paused. "Why do you think that?!" Ash exclaimed confused. "Well one day..."

*Flashback*

Scientists p.o.v

I walked into HQs top floor, holding a clipboard with info about Z1. I was about to walk into Lysanders layers when I paused. He was on the phone "No no I shouldnt eavesdrop!" I thought but I still stood there being nosey. "No no Giovanni you don't get it! We need you guys! Not right now but in a year or two if our plan fails for some reason, we need your organization to come in play. We will pay you 5k a month so long as you agree to the contract!.... yea... yes. I understand. Thank you so much. We will be in touch soon." I heard Lysander say to the phone.

He then slammed the phone on the table, making me jump. He sighed heavily. I waited a full minute before going into the room, so he had time to cool off...

*end of flashback*
(Look at me being all fancy with flashbacks and shii)

Clemont p.o.v.

As my brain prossesed what that scientist said, the old lady came in "Alright boys times up. Now get on outta here." She said angerly. "Thank you so much..." ash said while rushing out with me.

We got outside the building and sat down on a bench. Moments of silence went on for a bit. Ash looked at me "I guess now we have a lead. We should call jenny." Ash said taking out his phone. I put my hand out stopping him "We should wait until we hear what team rocket has to say. If their stories match then perfect. If not then we will figure out what to do from there." I say. Ash puts his phone back in his pocket nodding.

He then looked down, seemonb to contemplate on something. He then took a deep breath and looked at me. "W-well we have couple hours until we have to call them... do you wanna go out for ice cream?" He said, his cheeks red. My stomach got butterflys as I looked at him. He looked very nervous "O-of course ash! I know the p-perfect place!" I stutter. He beamed and grabbed my hands getting up out of the metal seat and rushing with me.

"Oh wait! You have to show me the way hehe..." he said sheepishly rubbing the back of his neck while looking down embarrassed."Ur adorable..." I whisper under my breath. He looked up at me "Hm? What was that?" He asked. "U-UHH IT WAS...-uhm n-nothing!" I manage out of my mouth. He smiles. "Okkkk! Now lead the way Clemont!" He said happily. I smiled and ruffled his spikey hair "ok come with me ashy~" I said. I had said it with such confidence but on the inside I was a mess. Maybe I shouldn't have said that? What if he thinks its weird?!

But he giggled and ran after me. We went on the monorail and got back to near the gym. Across the street was my favorite ice cream shope called "poke-cream" I got mint chocolate chip while ash got cookie dough (fun fact thats my all time favorite ice cream flavor)

We sat down outside considering it was a nice day. We sat at a small round table. It was so small that if we wanted to, which I do, we could kiss just by leaning over.

Ash licked his cone while smiling "Wow clemont you were right this is the best!" I smiled. We finished our ice cream and threw out out napkins. I was about to head across the street when I was stopped by ash "u-uh clemont?" He said. I turned towards him "hm? What's up?" I ask. He then gets up on his toes and wipes off some ice cream from my face, then liking it off his finger. "S-sorry there was some on ur face..." he trailed off. "Its ok! Thanks!" I said with a red face.

We then walked home but I couldnt stop replying that moment in my head. He liked it off his finger which was on my face! How crazy is that?!

We then went to the living room on the upper floor. We sat down. It was 6:30 pm so we still had a while before the call. I saw ash yawning a bit. Today couldn't have been easy on him. "Ash sweetie fo you wanna take a nap?" I ask. He looks at me drowsy but shakes his head "N-no its ok im good!" I frown. "Ok if your sure..." I then turn on the news watching whatever was going on. Ash scooted over next to me watching the TV mindlessly.

About 5 minutes later I feel something heavy on my chest. I looked down only to be met with ashes jet black hair. He was asleep. I then saw that he didn't look very comfortable. I moved us up against a pillow letting him lay down on my chest. He nuzzle into my clothing comfortably. I gave a dorky smile being in the pure bliss that I was in.

I then looked at his face up close. He had very smooth skin and actually had small freckles on his nose and cheeks. How cute is that?!

I then looked out my phone and snapped a picture. I set it as my wallpaper and then procceded to go to sleep myself but before that I set a alarm for 8:30.

I then kissed ash on the head "Goodnight sweetie.."

😚K ANYWAYS I loved making this chapter but it might suck cause uts 1:31 am rn soooo yea. But anyways GOODNIGHT YALL LOVE YA!😚