Chapter 12

Clemont POV

I woke up and looked at the clock. "3 am?!" I thought. I didnt feel all that tired which made me angry. I wanted to try and go back to sleep so I layed back down to face ash. He was fast asleep and somehow pikachu had ended up under his arm and ash was drooling on his head. It was quite funny.

I didnt have any luck with falling back asleep so I decided to get up and get some water and maybe some melatonin.

I got some ice out of the freezer and some water out of the tap. I looked in the medicine cabinet looking for melatonin capsules. There were 2 left so I had both of them. It took about 5 minutes to work so I had a bit. My mind wandered to ash.

I really did like him. I just didn't think he liked me like that. I really hoped it was mutual though. Was this weird to like my best friend? I've never heard a story of that going well for anyone. Maybe we can be the first. I would have to confess to him first though. But when?

I looked at the calendar and gasped "May 17! Ashs birthday is the 22nd!" Maybe thats when I can confess to him? That would be nice. I hope it would go well at least but why didn't he say anything..." I yawned "time for bed... again..." and I walked back into the room and slipping under the covers. Ash moved a bit but nothing else.
_____
8 am

I woke up to the movement next to me. It was ash making up with pikachu still in his arms. I yawned and looked over at him. He was rubbing his eyes while trying to look up at me. "Goodmorning sweetie." I said. He smiled "Hi clemont!" We then got ready for our meeting with team rocket.

After the meeting we drove the truck back to the gym to clean it. Ash decided to take a sketchbook that I didnt know he had and was making design sketches for it. He sat criss crossed and was checking his work constantly. It was a very nice sight.

After about 10 minutes of cleaning ash called me over. I put down the sponge and ran over to him "Do you think this is nice? I thought it might go well with the malasadas and wobbofet so..." he said shyly showing me his work. It was very nice. It had a wobbofet on the front as there mascot of a sort and on the side it said "Wobbofet Malasadas." The food trucks name in big bubbly letters. It was cute. I smiled at him "Wow ash that's amazing! We will definitely use that!" He beamed at me "Thank you! Now let me help out."

After we finished we brought out some paint. It was Saturday so there wasn't any challengers today. Ash painted the base which was a baby blue and sketched out the design for it. Me and him were now alone because team rocket had to go get a warrant to sell them.

I looked over at him who had his tounge out and was sketching the last of the word. He noticed me which was embarrassing. "Okay clemont! We just need to paint everything!"

It took us about 2 hours to finish and ash was very pleased as was I. I never knew he was good that that kind of stuff.

Team rocket came back and gushed over how awesome it was. They thanked us and brought the truck to there new apartment.

I decided now was a good time to ask ash about this birthday. "Hey ash?" I asked when we got inside and on the couch. He looked over at me "Hm? What's up?" "Your birthday is coming up soon isn't it? What should we do? We will be on the road by then but we can still do something fun!" Ash looked dumbfounded "You... actually remembered my birthday? I don't think anyone has ever actually remembered it besides my mom..." he said looking up at me. He smiled "Clemont you have no idea how happy that makes me. I just wanna camp and maybe we can make fruitcake together?" I made a dorky smile "Yes of course! By the way we can leave by tomorrow. I'm gonna call everyone. Did you call everyone and tell them the problem was fixed?" He nodded "I did while you were cleaning up dinner that one night which I said I could do but no of course you just had to do it all by yourself!" He said pouting. I chuckled "Just to clarify, your never ever doing dishes while your with me ever again." He gasped "Yes i am! You are NOT doing all of that by yourself."

We argued for a while longer before I got up and called everyone.

"Daddy let me take to clemont now!" I heard bonnie from the background yell. He sighed "Sorry clemont someone wants to talk to you..." he said leaving the room. Bonnie jumped up on a stool so she could see me. "Soooo going on a journey ALONE with ASH?" she exclaimed. I put my hand over my face "Bonnie don't even-" "Well just be careful and don't do any bad or dirty stuff okay?" I slammed my hands down on the table "Bonnie!" "What? it could happen! 'Sides ash would listen to anything you say so..." she trailed off looking at her nails. I pinched the bridge of my nose "Bonnie I swear to arceu-" "By the way when were you planning on confessing to him?" I smiled "On his birthday... May 22nd..." I slapped my cheeks as they were feeling warm. She squealed "Ooouu thats a great idea! Oh what are you gonna get him?! Ooh ooh you should go shopping tomorrow while your on a call with me of course." I shook my head "No ill just pick you up." She gleamed "Wow really?! Oh my gosh okay! What time?!" She said jumping up and down. "hmm how about say 1?" She nodded "Okay big brother im gonna get ready for bed. Night I love you!" "I love you too bonnie..." I hung up.

When I went back to the livingroom only to find ash alone without pikachu. "Hm? Where's pikachu?" "He went to sleep. How did it go?" I smiled and nodded "It went good. Uh im meeting up with bonnie around 1 tomorrow for some sister-brother time. Do you think you will be okay her by yourself?" He beamed "Yup! Leave it to me. By the way I put all of my pokemon back with professor oak." I smiled and nodded.

I say down next to him accidentally getting kind of close so our shoulders were touching. He looked up at me and kind of studied my face which made me confused. Before I could ask he spoke to me "Your eyes are very pretty..." he said before putting his hand over his mouth "Uh sorry did I just... n-nevermind uhm sorry...stupid stupid stupid!" He whispered the last part. I wasn't really paying attention to his words and I put my hand on his hair "Thank you Ash." I smiled. He looked up at me relived "N-no problem hehe" he said while rubbing the back of his neck.

After a while of silence with me rubbing ashs scalp and him leaning into it I relized he was dozing off "Ash you should go to sleep..." he shook his head "I-i don't wanna get up... im good..." he said basically asleep. I sighed and decided to pick him up.

I carried him bridal style to the bedroom. It made me think of what married couples do which made me almost drop him.

I gently placed him on the bed and put the blanket over him. He smiled "Heh Thanks clemont. I'm so tired..." he said grabbing my hand and trying to pull me down which I obliged to. I stayed with ash until he fell asleep. I got up to pack my bags after that.

I went into my laundry room where my bag was and I put all the necessities in it. I put some of my savings into the apom arm which was quite a lot. I was getting tired after that so I decided to go to bed. I layed down next to ash and looked at him smiling before shutting my eyes "Goodnight sweetie..."

🤭Hi guys! I don't even know when the last time I posted a chapter for this was but here you go! Anyways its 2:18 am and I'm kinda tired so Goodnight love you!🤭