Chapter 1 - Preparations

Hirata had gathered everyone in the classroom, minus Kouenji, in order to start preparing for the midterm examinations. He proposed for us to form study groups, with the class's highest scorers tutoring those with lower scores.

Some of the boys voiced their displeasure, most of the voices came from Sudou, Ike and Yamauchi. Due to this, some of the girls grew quite frustrated at them and would have started yelling at them if their Prince Hirata hadn't intervened.

The boys, however, did not back down and would have continued if their angel Kushida hadn't intervened.

"Everyone, I don't think we should be fighting. We should all be getting along don't you think. So I think you guys should stop." At Kushida's voice, most of them immediately stand down and turn quiet. Is this what they call a 'simp'?

As the boys stop with their childish antics, I thought I could see a hint og glee in her eyes. Perhaps she was proud of controlling the boys easily. Though I may be mistaken.

Even after all that, one brave or stupid soul, decided to stand up against what they thought were their oppressors.

"You guys can have your study group, just leave me out of it. I still have club to go to." Sudou declared before heading out of the classroom. Following him were his two friends Ike and Yamauchi including some boys.

I could hear my seat mate sigh at them in annoyance. I could already guess what she's going to do and I hope I'm wrong.

I heard Hirata sigh of disappointment. Was that sigh directed at him or the boys I wouldn't know. Though his harem is trying to currently cheer him up. Must be nice...

"I'll send the tutors and who they're assigned to in the group chat. Since it is optional I need to ask you all if you're willing to be a part of a study group." Hirata holds his own phone, the messager app opened with our class group chat window selected.

People started raising their hands signifying that they wanted to join the study group. I for one didn't feel like joining any study group except for one, of course.

Once that was done we were all allowed to leave the classroom. As I did so, I noticed Kushida heading off to the opposite direction of the dorms. I took note of the general direction she was heading. It could potentially be useful later.

_______________________________

The next day, I was peacefully observing the outside world through the classroom window. That was until the devil herself decided to annoy me.

"Ayanokouji-kun, do you want to have lunch with me?" Horikita suddenly invited me out to lunch. This was a bit suspicious. Horikita isn't the type of person to suddenly invite someone to lunch. At least, from the impression that I got of her.

Sensing my hesitation, Horikita added an extra piece of information.

"You can order anything you want. It's my treat." Okay, she's definitely up to something. Don't tell me she's going to use that food in order to blackmail me? What disrespect! Food shouldn't be used for blackmail, it's to be enjoyed by everyone.

"I'm good. I'll pay for my own lunch." At my words, Horikita clicked her tongue in frustration.

I would have though that she would cancel the invitation, but she actually went through with it. Is she that desperate for my help?

Once we ordered our food, Horikita and I sat down at one of the empty tables near the corner of the cafeteria.

"I know this is sudden, but will you listen to what I have to say.

“Ugh…”

“Ever since Chabashira-sensei's warning, fewer people have arrived
late or talked in class. When I say we eliminated more than half of the
reasons our class got into trouble, I’m not exaggerating.”